Unique Unit Elimination Thread

Foreign Legion 13
Samurai 23
Janissary 33

Foreign Legion > Samurai, as Samurai only gets the bonus for flat terrain, and foreign legion gets a bonus for all foreign lands...and face it, 90% of wars are in foreign lands.

Foreign Legion 13
Samurai 24
Janissary 31

But Samurai come 2 whole eras earlier, much greater impact on the game than a mid industrial unit. (and 90% of games start in the ancient era).

But Samurai come 2 whole eras earlier, much greater impact on the game than a mid industrial unit. (and 90% of games start in the ancient era).
And yet you still downvoted the Janissary despite your making a comeback to the Foreign Legion. I find that somewhat amusing.

Looking back, the Janissary hasn't been below 30 since page 4 or 5. I expect it to drop below since both the Samurai and FL fans will be downvoting them.

Foreign Legion 14
Samurai 20
Janissary 32

Infantry is even more mil-revolution than long sword men. You can build them only. You don't have to look at anything , just conquer with the grande armee

Foreign Legion 13 :help:
Samurai 17
Janissary 32

Quite frankly, I don't hold my breath for the finals: jans are going to win.
So might as well not give up on the FL!

PS: samurais are actually better than the FL, but that's because longswordmen are much more useful than infantry. I'm voting for FL because the boost from regular unit to UU is much more significant than for the samurai (you can build FL until the end of the game, and then upgrade them into the real thing: Foreign mechanized infantry!)

Foreign Legion 9
Samurai 18
Janissary 33

Foreign Legion 9
Samurai 16(-2)
Janissary 34(+1)
Samurai is clearly the worst compared to jans and FL

Foreign Legion 10
Samurai 14(-2)
Janissary 34

Foreign Legion 9
Samurai 12
Janissary 35

And yet you still downvoted the Janissary despite your making a comeback to the Foreign Legion. I find that somewhat amusing.

Looking back, the Janissary hasn't been below 30 since page 4 or 5. I expect it to drop below since both the Samurai and FL fans will be downvoting them.

Well, it might also drop below 30 because -

1) thoughtful people actually feel the Samurai is better, and...

2) because this is a negative poll, every post drops the total points down 1, so of course your favorite unit is going to lose points!

Quit whining, the unit is overrated. The main problem with the Janissary after the short build window is - you have to KILL something to get its main benefit. It's hard to use. In SP vs a brain-dead AI, sure. But in MP or as an AI unit, not so much.

The reason I prefer Samurai over Foreign Legion, aside from early acquisition, is that its "free" upgrade "stacks", giving them auto-heal or blitz promotions at 60 rather than 100.

Foreign Legion 9
Samurai 13
Janissary 33

Foreign Legion 5
Samurai 15

Janissary 33

Samurai+Barracks+Armory+Bushido=Unstoppable at renaissance era. Foreign Legion seems good for end-game,but I prefer to use Modern Armor and GDR to capture cities,because they are more powerful(even with attacking cities penalty).

Top Bottom