• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Unit Design

Thanks. The Slave I looks to be the more difficult, but maybe I'll try both at some point.

you might notice that it looks curiously related to the LAAT :p

about that, I might be able to dig up the LAAT/i (or something) which is the ones which drops off the ATTE's :)

I've been busy at the school doing Maya.

I guess I just need the scene from Woodelf to start in 3ds Studio Max :) Then I'd do the battledroid along with the Commander Cody.

and I need a vehicle as well in a scene so I can make vehicles etc. Also one for flyers :p
Maybe I can get 3ds Studio Max at home, but probably not. So most work will take some time until I get the scene(s) from Woodelf xD

Okay ya'll.

Here's a short story about my project :)

like 3 weeks ago a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to make a Sith Trooper from KotOR, and I was like: 'sure, why not'.

the following week I got an assignment for the Exam in IT, preferably a report about a 3D Project, and I thought that it'd be cool to make a report about how to make a unit and put it into the game Star Wars Battlefront 2 - which is the game I first intended ;) But now it's done and I thought that it should go into Civ4 Star Wars Mod as well ;) At first it's currently made in XSI Softimage, but should easily be converted to Max or Maya for further export... if I just would get those files soon...!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

nonetheless, here's the unit:

tell me what you think :) Considering I've only had 3 weeks available and only being done in my sparetime, I think it went out good :)

i love it :D
really good job :)
let us hope u get the files soon :p

sorry i dont know what u mean by that :$

A cube has 6 faces, and therefore 6 polygons.
The higher amount of polygons the more it will lag. for Civ4 it needs low-polygon models or it will most liekly lag. that's all you have to know ;)

okay i think i understand it :p
so how high does it need to be for civ4?

Qdin said:
s.c.dude, what kind of modders do you think we are? :p Using original is never as good as new stuffs.
so why is the jedi now a remake of the swordsman;)

I've answered this a thousand times now: because I haven't got my files yet! *being incredibly impatient and mad because of the loooong wait* The sooner I get my files the sooner I can make models - amongst other's jedies ;)

so why isnt woodelf repling to ure message?
isnt he active on the forum and simply not aware that u need the file's or is he ignoring you?

I've honestly got no idea... :(

He don't seems to be on lately much, but I've seen him on enough times to know that he DO check his in-box and I know that it DOES NOT take more than 5 minutes to send me all I need. Especially because I've resent the details and information to him lotsa of times.

I'm not happy to say it, but it seriously starts to piss me off..

just out of curiosity, what program do you need to make models, and with a little bit of practice, can one like myself get fairly decent at it?? i really want to start getting more involved within this community but dont know how being that i myself cant write files and crap, but im thinking that i may be able to create models (maybe). any help would be highly appreciated.

o yea, check out my thread i just posted on the use of force powers, hope its somewhat helpful. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4975344#post4975344

Here's my deal: you make the maps? :) Then we can always get help and all, but 'newbies' to modelling and all usually have huuuge amounts of polygons which will cost too much memory for this game and crash the game :) And a mapper would be alot more useable, if you ask me.

Top Bottom