Unit graphics flipping

duckstab

Child of Noble Family
I'm suddenly seeing an issue with unmodded BAT 4.1 as well as with my personal mod based on BAT. The attached screenshots illustrate what I'm seeing. In the first screenshot you'll notice that the Explorer unit bottom center is correctly rendered but the Explorer in the upper left corner shows the original default graphics. In the second screenshot I've moved the first Explorer onto the Sheep. You'll see that now the other Explorer is selected and is now correctly rendered while the previous unit has now reverted to the default graphics.

one0001.JPG

two0000.JPG

I figure this must have something to do with graphics being paged out and then back in, but I know next to nothing about how that works or what the possible corrective action might be. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

Well, I managed to fix it. It turns out the game had been switched to low-res graphics. I'm guessing that maybe my graphics card was misbehaving at one point and the game switched itself to the low-res setting, sticking there.

It doesn't really explain why the active unit was being drawn correctly, but whatever.

If you ever run into this problem, check your settings on the Graphics tab under Options.

Top Bottom