Unit maintenance

vyvianarygos

Warlord
Hello,

I am a huge fan of navies but unfortunately they are so expensive in this game and they are almost never seen. I was hoping to encourage the AI to produce more ships and allow more larger scale navies for empires other then just a handful of ships. If any one could tell me how I would go about changing the maintenance cost for naval ships or where to find it in the XML or even recommend a mod I would appreciate it. I would like to reduce the cost by half so that empires can afford large navies especially when I play Archipelago maps or the TSL map!

I would prefer to do it myself over a mod because the mod might affect the one I already use.

Thanks guys!

I think this belongs in the modding forum...
But on topic, I suppose you could add the effects of the Ottoman UA to every other civ's UA. It's just basic XML, so it's not too hard to fix that, but it does leave Suleiman sort of useless though :D
You can find the files for the UAs here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\Gameplay\XML\Civilizations

I want to edit the games base unit maintenance costs for all navies and reduce them by half of what they are in the game to encourage larger fleet actions. I don't want to cripple the ottomans by giving there promotion to every one.... rather I would just like to edit all the units to reduce there pay and let the ottomans have there UA on top of that.... Any one know where I can find the maintenance values so I can reduce the cost of naval vessels? I want to try and do it manually without a modd pack so I can keep running my add ons and not break any with a new one.

Unit maintenance is not as simple as a base value you can change. The game uses a complex inflation-type formula that considers the number of units and the age of each unit. Old units costs more over time.

A good starting point others have suggested is playing with the following define value: INITIAL_GOLD_PER_UNIT_TIMES_100

Others might suggest more options if known. If you also do a search you will find a good thread on here that outlines how unit maintenance works

Top Bottom