Unit Request: Janissary, Ghazi Infantry

nebuchadnezzar

King of New Babylon
i need these units, both are medieval turkish units. i don't know any graphics on the net, but you may use graphics from AoE and Medieval: Total War games.

also, if you have thought, i need a middle-eastern spearman and pikeman unit. these are not primarily requested. if there are any units, i'll gladly accept.

thanks in advance

nebuchadnezzar said:
i need these units, both are medieval turkish units. i don't know any graphics on the net, but you may use graphics from AoE and Medieval: Total War games.

also, if you have thought, i need a middle-eastern spearman and pikeman unit. these are not primarily requested. if there are any units, i'll gladly accept.

thanks in advance

The AoE unit has been converted, check the units forum, IIRC it was done by Aluminium.
I remember a middle-eastern looking spearman has been made by ripptide.
I have no idea what a ghazi unit is, it always helps to post pictures :)

Having the AoE Janissary is all well and good, but I think we really need a nicely rendered brand-spanking-new Janissary graphic. That would be great :D

So I second the Janissary. Not sure about the other one....

It's funny that you should request a Janissary because I was just working on a model made by someone here at the forums... I haven't had a whole lot of luck with it, I'm afraid... but I'll keep trying... or at least, I'll try to make my own from scratch.

actually the janissary graphics of rise of nations is better.
new request: royal janissaries from ron or a fresh janissary.

for ghazi infantry: it's middle-eastern medieval infantry, armed with bows and maces, light armored.

if I can find any images, i'll post here.

this new picture can be used for janissaries.

anyone working on? I only need janissaries now, I'll use Muslim fanatic (found from index) as ghazi.

As Dom Pedro II said, he's working on one, he even has it previewed somewhere, IIRC.
Since he has said he is working on it, other unit creators probably won't be as interested to start one of their own :)
You should be glad that Dom Pedro is doing one, not everyone gets one of their requests done by one of the more prominent unit creators ;)

Zeekater said:
As Dom Pedro II said, he's working on one, he even has it previewed somewhere, IIRC.
Since he has said he is working on it, other unit creators probably won't be as interested to start one of their own :)
You should be glad that Dom Pedro is doing one, not everyone gets one of their requests done by one of the more prominent unit creators ;)

Careful, Zeek, I'm vulnerable to flattery... ;)

And you don't recall correctly... I never posted a preview of this unit as I have not even started to make said unit :p

I do, however, have a TON of inspirational pictures of Janissaries... the problem was I got a Janissary figure from someone here on the forums who I hate to say, I can't remember the name of. Anyway, he asked me to animate it. I said sure, but I quickly discovered that the model was not really going to work properly in Poser... So I've decided to make a new one from scratch... I'm even making some of the props myself, which I've only done a very little bit of. Besides, I like a lot of the pictures I have much more than his model... so yeah, it'll be more work, but I think it'll be worthwhile.

Dom Pedro II said:
Careful, Zeek, I'm vulnerable to flattery... ;)

You are? Oh my, gotta remember that when I request a unit... :mischief:
Dom Pedro II said:
And you don't recall correctly... I never posted a preview of this unit as I have not even started to make said unit :p

I do, however, have a TON of inspirational pictures of Janissaries... the problem was I got a Janissary figure from someone here on the forums who I hate to say, I can't remember the name of. Anyway, he asked me to animate it. I said sure, but I quickly discovered that the model was not really going to work properly in Poser... So I've decided to make a new one from scratch... I'm even making some of the props myself, which I've only done a very little bit of. Besides, I like a lot of the pictures I have much more than his model... so yeah, it'll be more work, but I think it'll be worthwhile.

Yeah, now I remember :)

@ Dom
Was there something that I could fix on the Janissary model I gave you? Just let me know. If poser is free I could convert it and work out the bugs before I give it back to you. Just a sugestion.

Thanks for your effort.

Atum, hey! I didn't know you were still around... anyway, I'd say that the Janissary really just needs a higher polygon count. When I would move the body parts in Poser, it would literally pull apart the geometry... there needs to be more surfaces to give for more flexibility.

just wondered if this was still in count. I'm glad that Dom is working on this.

I'll beef up the poly count, and resend it.

Top Bottom