*** Unit Request Thread #2 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unit requested:

Sniper - maybe something where the sniper is on the ground covered in brush.

EDIT: Nevermind, I made one myself ;)

MOAB - Massive Ordnance Air Blast aka Mother of All Bombs

It is the largest conventional bomb.

Here is a link with some information and a picture.

http://www.globemaster.de/html/moab.html

I would put this as a modern era unit, available through integrated defense to all civilizations as a massive bombard, certain kill explosion. As it is dropped by a C-130, it would be subject to being shot down. If there is a way for it to kill multiple units, and not be a nuke, that would be more correct.

BLU-82B "Daisy Cutter" Dumb Bomb

Vietnam Era predecessor to the MOAB. Here is a link with info and a picture.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/blu-82.htm

It is similar only smaller in firepower. This would be end of industrial era, advanced flight unit, in my present view. I am thinking how to differentiate their firepower in the toolset, as both should be lethal to full health unit on drop. Both would be in a range that would be factored on a C-130 transport, and despite their graphic appearance would be seen by the game engine as standard air units. I envision their design to be similar to that of the nuclear bomb in the conquests scenario.

My intention for these units is a reworking of civilization 3 to be a lengthier game, heavy in units, with a few more improvements. The primary focus of the mod is to lenghthen the game, slowing down research, changing time scale to months, allowing a more complete enjoyment of each era's units, being unconcerned with win conditions. I play civilization as a simulator, generally without thinking of win scenarios and far past end of game. I am designing the mod to fit that style.

I have been reading a lot of the threads in the units creation section. 2 questions:

1. Does anybody have a Helocopter vehicle transport - maybe looks like a Chinook (sp?). The copter is basically like the helo in C3, but the belly of the aircraft is missing, making it an airbourne crane.

2. Why can't the helo in the game re-base to carriers? I have tried many things, but can not seem to get it to work. My thoughts are that a vehicle transport helo on a carrier could speed up naval assults by placing tanks etc further inland. The AH-64 longbow unit will rebase to the carrier ( I have recently tried it) this makes it an excellent attack copter in naval invasions.

WWI:
1) Australian Light Horse Cavalry
2) American "Dough Boy" Infantry
3) Austria-Hungarian Infantry
4) Ottoman/Turkish Infantry
5) Pan-Arabic Infantry
6) Portuguese Infantry
7) Spanish Infantry

WWII:
1) Chinese Communist Infantry
2) Chinese Republic Infantry
3) Polish Infantry
4) Polish Hussar Cavalry

Gangu said:
I have been reading a lot of the threads in the units creation section. 2 questions:

1. Does anybody have a Helocopter vehicle transport - maybe looks like a Chinook (sp?). The copter is basically like the helo in C3, but the belly of the aircraft is missing, making it an airbourne crane.

2. Why can't the helo in the game re-base to carriers? I have tried many things, but can not seem to get it to work. My thoughts are that a vehicle transport helo on a carrier could speed up naval assults by placing tanks etc further inland. The AH-64 longbow unit will rebase to the carrier ( I have recently tried it) this makes it an excellent attack copter in naval invasions.

1/ I think the Chinook is the Civ3 unit. Otherwise I am pretty sure one has been made, either here or at CDG but you will have to dig in the forums.

2/ simply because a transport cannot load on/into another one. Helicopter with carry units ability cannot load onto an aircraft carrier but pure attack ones should be able to (done in some mods I believe).

And BTW Welcome to CFC !

I would really, really like a multi-unit version of UtahJazz's European Spearman for my scenario. I want to represent spearmen forming a "shield wall", so it needn't be more than just two or three of them in a horizontal line formation. If anyone could see their way to putting it together I would be very grateful!

Thanks LouLong,

I set up the helicopter without transport capabilities and it re-based to the carrier just fine... as per #2. I set up the helicopter as a transporter of all (foot and wheeled units) and downloaded the Blackhawk as the troop transport. Both are set to "sinks in Ocean" so that they will not be able to travel to other continents without Re-base (the chance is that they could sink). It limits the initial attacks I was planning, but has a more realistic approach.

can someone make a mig for a civ specfic unit for the russians

There are ton's of MiG's in the created units forum - varying models throughout the years. Some are really nice.

I can't seem to find a Covert Ops/Special Forces unit anywhere. If there isn't one, there should be - so chalk up another request:

Special Forces
Snipers

Could someone make this unit

It´s a Chilean rifleman used in the War of the Pacific, against Peru and Bolivia

Yes, I'm crazy........
Could someone make an industrial era soldier armed with a double barrelled .44 magnum revolver? It would be a more expensive but more powerful infantry replacement UU for a fantasy civilization I'm thinking up. (The guy has very strong arms... :rolleyes: ) Both barrells would go off at the same time but not knock the guy over or tear his arm with recoil. :lol:
Thank you, PM me if you're interested.

I just want a plain old galleon with an attack animation like the frigate.

This has possibly already been made, but what about the an Alpine Troops of Civ 2 remake??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom