*** Unit Request Thread #2 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unit I would like to request is a modern-day German Bundeswehr soldier.

There are basically four elements that can be added to make this unit unique to Germany:

First is the soldier with a beret which should most definitely be red, to make it distinguishable as being a German soldier. Although, I understand that German soldiers also wear green berets, I feel the red beret is much more symbolic and not to mention just plain more common. This is my personal favorite and would definitely be cool, if converted to Civ format.

Second varaiant is like in the first picture, a kevlar helmet (this picture is more detailed). Only problem I see with this is that it looks mostly identical to the U.S. standard issue helmet. When making units, I feel it is better to bring elements out in the unit that make it look typical for whichever civ they are representing so the beret would probabaly be the best choice. Uberly cool would of course making both variations but obviously this is not necassary.

Once headgear has been chosen, there are two more elements that should be implemented to make this unit civ (German) specific. Similar to the Civ 3 standard paratrooper unit, I suggest adding a German flag insignia on both shoulders. This would really help to distinguish the unit from the rest and would surely be a detail missed if it were left out.

The third and final detail to add and truly make this a unit unique to the Bundeswehr is the typical camoflouge prevalent on our troops' uniforms (if that picture makes it hard to tell what the camo looks like, refer to the other pics where the camo-sequence is also viewable). This may be the most difficult to implement but if it's possible, would really look good.

Other than that, I only have one more suggestion how to make this unit look that much more interesting. Adding a dark green scarf like in the picture to the unit would make it look quite nice as well as even more unique compared to other units in the game. If this is chosen, I suggest definitely opting for the red beret seeing as it is inaccurate to portray the helmeted soldier with a scarf as well.

If someone would spare the time and effort to create this unit, I (and I'm sure other Civ playing Germans), would be extremely happy to have the oppurtunity to add such a great unit to the game. If there is any further help I can offer on the subject, I am more than willing to assist in any way possible.

I'm not begging but....PLEASE SOMEONE ACCEPT! :D

i've decided that, after a year of playing civ 3, i am tired of my scouts always getting lit up by rogue barbarians, so i've given them 1 defense point in my mod. they are no match for any unit, but at least they don't roll over for barbarians....

my request is a simple one, does anyone know of, or can anyone create a simple defense animation for the basic scout? most civ's have their own scout, but some still use the vanilla unit, and it just looks off to see the scout stand there as the attacking unit just swings away with no resistance. i tried this myself, and discovered that i really suck at unit creation.

also, can anyone point me in the direction of some unique human worker units? i've looked with no success in the forums.....

i've decided that, after a year of playing civ 3, i am tired of my scouts always getting lit up by rogue barbarians, so i've given them 1 defense point in my mod. they are no match for any unit, but at least they don't roll over for barbarians....

my request is a simple one, does anyone know of, or can anyone create a simple defense animation for the basic scout? most civ's have their own scout, but some still use the vanilla unit, and it just looks off to see the scout stand there as the attacking unit just swings away with no resistance. i tried this myself, and discovered that i really suck at unit creation.

also, can anyone point me in the direction of some unique human worker units? i've looked with no success in the forums.....

It's not possible to create a new animation for an existing unit; you'd need the model that Firaxis used to make the unit. You can do a cut-and-paste job to some extent - for example, some of the leader units have been given magical attacks by the simple method of pasting frames of fireballs etc onto the storyboards of existing animations. But to make the Scout attack you'd need to create a completely new animation for him, which would be impossible, at least to do convincingly.

You'd probably be better off looking for a completely new unit to replace the Scout.

well, thank you for clearing that up for me...i guess my search begins for acceptable replacements for my last remaining vanilla scouts.

any suggestions would be helpful.....

thanks again

well, thank you for clearing that up for me...i guess my search begins for acceptable replacements for my last remaining vanilla scouts.

any suggestions would be helpful.....

thanks again

just ask for a new looking scout that looks better or has like a dagger, and ask them to give it an attack, defense, etc...

Is there a thread for completed world war two units for Civ 3 somewhere in this maze?

I don't want to waste someone's time if what I'm looking for has already been created. Thanks!

Sully

Also wondering if anyone knows if any Japanese WW II Float Planes like the Jake or Pete or Flying Boats like the Emily have ever been done?

Thanks!
Sully

Does anybody know if I can find a gatling gun unit. I need it for a mod based on the civil war.
I would also like different civil war units.
And perhaps a Native American Musketeer and Native American Repeating Rifleman

Can anyone make/link me to mafioso type units and/or a blackjack-wielding thug? I already have Navydawg's superb gangster :)
Thanks in advance,
JFJ

Does anybody know if I can find a gatling gun unit. I need it for a mod based on the civil war.
I would also like different civil war units.
And perhaps a Native American Musketeer and Native American Repeating Rifleman

Hikaro made a great civil war era gatling gun:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=121973

Also, several Native Americans with rifles have been made. Check the library...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom