Unit Request Thread 3

Hi guys.

There used to be a cargo unit made from a couple of boxes, I think I found it in the list but the link doesn’t work. I think it was in the SOE scenario and that download has been removed for maintenance. Does anyone know where to find it? I’m also looking for a shipping container unit.

These: Cargo Units + Box Cargo Unit and Makings

I have a question more than a request really: are there any generic modern aircraft carrier unit graphics beside the original Civ3 one? The closest I get to an at least passable generic supercarrier is Wyrm's Robotech Prometheus (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/robotech-prometheus-cv.4252/ although did he at some point remake it? I seem to remember another too).

Hi Laurana Kanan.

I’m already using the second unit you suggested (the blank box). I need a more substantial looking cargo unit after that one and finally a shipping container to represent an even higher quantity of goods.

Thanks for the heads-up though.

I have a question more than a request really: are there any generic modern aircraft carrier unit graphics beside the original Civ3 one? The closest I get to an at least passable generic supercarrier is Wyrm's Robotech Prometheus (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/robotech-prometheus-cv.4252/ although did he at some point remake it? I seem to remember another too).

Hi Wolfhart.

The original Civ 3 aircraft carrier is the Nimitz. Why not use the remodelled Nimitz?

Can some can take my request List below
Battleship from r type
ZIG

Hi Wolfhart.

The original Civ 3 aircraft carrier is the Nimitz. Why not use the remodelled Nimitz?
Hi and thank you for replying.
Anthony's beautiful unit graphics can't be mistaken for anything else than the American Nimitz class it is and that's how I use it too.

I'm searching for unit graphics of generic aircraft carriers = not immediately identifiable as RL classes (the graphics of which I'm already using for their respective RL civs)
to be used for other civilizations like Romans, Babylonians, Zulus, etc.

I'm searching for unit graphics of generic aircraft carriers = not immediately identifiable as RL classes (the graphics of which I'm already using for their respective RL civs)
to be used for other civilizations like Romans, Babylonians, Zulus, etc.
Since the US Navy is the only one to build Supercarriers after WWII, I decide to simply relable some of Wyrmshadows, Deltas and Anthonys Carriers for other nations.

Currently I have

Gerald Ford CVN = Independencia CVN (spanish a. o. )
Kittyhawk CV = Kittyhawk CV
Nimitz CVN = Venator CVN (roman a. o. )
Forrestal CV = Kranich CV (german a. o. )
Shinano CV = Shinano CV
Okinawa CV = Kruzenshtern CV (russian a. o. )

The same applies to the earlier carriers, dreadnoughts and battleships.

Since the US Navy is the only one to build Supercarriers after WWII, I decide to simply relable some of Wyrmshadows, Deltas and Anthonys Carriers for other nations.

Currently I have

Gerald Ford CVN = Independencia CVN (spanish a. o. )
Kittyhawk CV = Kittyhawk CV
Nimitz CVN = Venator CVN (roman a. o. )
Forrestal CV = Kranich CV (german a. o. )
Shinano CV = Shinano CV
Okinawa CV = Kruzenshtern CV (russian a. o. )

The same applies to the earlier carriers, dreadnoughts and battleships.
Thank you, I may do the same to get more variation in-game.

So far I've used the original Civ3 carrier as placeholder graphic for the modern CATOBAR carriers of other nations (except for the Byzantine Autokratōr Class for which I use Wyrm's Robotech Prometheus just because it looks, well Byzantine :D)

I’m going to move ahead with my game in its current form so don’t consider these a priority. I’ll place them in an update if any get made.

Spoiler List :
Tank Transporter Train (flatbed)
Napoleonic era horse mounted army unit
Texas Towers
Draft horse worker
Oshkosh M1070 Heavy Equipment Transporter
Modern Train
Canal barge (horse-drawn)
Large crates
Shipping Container
1812 Infantry cannon (generic, manned)
1812 horse cannon (generic, manned)
1860 Infantry (generic)
1860 Auxiliary Infantry (generic)
1860 Gatling gun (unmanned)
1860 large fortress artillery (generic)
1860 small fortress artillery (generic)
Improvised armoured vehicle
Improvised infantry tank (from digger)
Improvised APC (from bin truck)
Pick-up truck with Flak
Pick-up truck with improvised mortar
Pick-up truck UB-32 rocket artillery
Improvised mortar infantry
Hijacked 737 - cruise missile (strikes ground)

Last edited:
Can some one make the zig

Hi chicknex4, making a civ 3 graphic is not as easy as it may seem.. there is a lot involved, and is quite time consuming. You could make a non-animated 2d graphic pretty easy if there are some graphics out there already in the given directions, but to do a nice animated graphic, one would need a 3d model to use in a program like 3ds max, need to animate texture and render it with special effects, create the palettes, the flc's, the sounds, etc. There isn't a huge group of people around here as there used to be, so it might be difficult for a unit to be made quickly.

Last edited:
Hi chicknex4, making a civ 3 graphic is not as easy as it may seem.. there is a lot involved, and is quite time consuming. You could make a non-animated 2d graphic pretty easy if there are some graphics out there already in the given directions, but to do a nice animated graphic, one would need a 3d model to use in a program like 3ds max, need to animate texture and render it with special effects, create the palettes, the flc's, the sounds, etc. There isn't a huge group of people around here as there used to be, so it might be difficult for a unit to be made quickly.
Can you make a 3D model of the zig with its three weapons(Vulcan,laser and missile) and its beam

Edit: is their a video of how to make units in civ 3

Edit 2: here's one
T1 Light Tank

Last edited:
I have a request! I want to have my leader heads turned into nation flags when you open the advisor screen.

Oww and I have 4 areas's: Pre- WWII, WWII, Coldwar, Modern area

One more! Army flag units in the area pre-WWII, WWII, Coldwar and Modern. Just a default and death animation is enough I think. Just a flag of the nation

Top Bottom