Unit requests thread

There's couple in tutorials section - depending ong graphics knowledge

There's couple of ways doing the units in civ4
- nifviewer/nifskope - mostly for mixing existing units models (usually humanoidal) and animations
- blender / 3dsmax - usually use for creating completly new models (usually mechanical)

No one has made any new mechs?
Someone should.
I hereby request more mechs to for the next-war mode, some four legged ones and then some like gundoms!

Pharaonic Warlord like:

or:

or even:

or:

Although, the last ones might make a better "ancient egyptian spy" than warlord. Its really up to you unit makers to decide which (if any) to use as inspiration.

Has anyone made a "German Rifleman" unit? Perhaps equivelant of the Franco-Prussian war era of the 1870s.

I've seen Frederick's Prussian Musketeers and Grenadiers, and of course plenty of WWII German infantry, but nothing on what would fall into the "Rifleman" category.

Something like this:

OOOOPS...
Just found this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=214549

Nevermind!

I would love it if someone could take the unique unit for the Greeks (the Phalanx), remove his spear and give him a gold sword instead. One that matches his shield. This way I could have a unique unit that matches Rome's special unit - the Praetorian.

Thanks to anyone who might take this on. :)

I mentioned this in another thread, but I wanted to make the request "official"...

What we could REALLY use is 1870s British Riflemen in uniform with the white pith helmet and redcoats... the zenith of the British Empire... you know... Zulu-war era guys!

here's infantry with pack:

Full description here:
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~thinred/collection/24th.htm

I believe this is Cavalry uniform, but very close to the infantry one:

Full description here:
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~thinred/collection/kdg.htm

In this thread, Gaius Octavius has proposed to create a Civ-specific units mod, that would be somewhat similar to the Ethnically Diverse Units, except that units would be different looking depending on the civ that you're playing..

Here are some of my requests for specifically Dutch units, that I post here in the hope someone feels challenged to them pick up and create them:

Musketeer: The Blue Guard:

Elite Dutch infantry unit that served alongside William III, among such battles as the Battle of the Boyne and the Siege of Limerick..

Rifleman: Dutch infantry

As they appeared at Waterloo..

Cavalry: Dutch Cavalry

As they appeared at Waterloo, based on the French uniforms.

Infantry: KNIL soldiers:

KNIL (Royal Netherlands Indies Army) were the colonial armed forces of the Netherlands East Indies.. (Looks somewhat like WW1 Australian infantry)

Cannon: The 'Gele Rijders' (Yellow Riders)
. The best known artillery unit in the Netherlands, also became famous during the Battle of waterloo..

Ship of the Line: The 'Zeven Provinciën' (Seven Provinces)

Admiral Michiel de Ruyters flagship.

Battleship: HMS De Ruyter (named after the naval hero).

Sunk in the Java Sea by the Japanese navy prior to the invasion of Indonesia..

I hope someone picks it up.. And if you do, good luck! :D

I read a while back somewhere that AOM units could be converted to out purposes- if someone could convert the fully upgraded murmillo, but take away that face plate and give him an actual face 9say the one from the basic murmillo. or failing that, just the one of the praetorian from civ4) I'd love it.

I am working on a project to develope about 10 new future technologies for Civ4 along with buildings and, prefrably, units. I have already completed three technologies.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239293

So far I have two requests for two new units:

1) Is a 'next generation' unmanned semi-autonomous fighter aircraft that is loosely based on the Taranis UAV and/or the RQ-3 Dark Star. These will be usable once the player has developed "Autonomous Mechatronics" (I can't think of a better name at the moment).

Taranis UAV by BA Systems.

The RQ-3 Dark Star by Lockheed Martin Skunkworks

2) The other unit, is some sort of very high altitude/orbital bomber, sort of like the Rockwell X-30.

Hi.

I'm missing a modern stealth-fighter in the game and I want to change the subs in BTS. Has someone made PERFECT units? They must be as perfect as the originals in the game.

For example the both new subs from "road to war"-mod are good but not perfect! Both subs are too dark and both are over water if you look at civi. Have a look at the attacksub then you see the difference. Can someone please improve those two subs, please? Or teach me how to do it? (But that might not be very easy.) :crazyeye:

And can anybody help me with a stealth-fighter? I wasn't able to find one.

Thanks. :goodjob:

Hi.

And can anybody help me with a stealth-fighter? I wasn't able to find one.

Thanks. :goodjob:

Well I just released my F-35 Lightning II, its a next gen stealth fighter, designed by lockheed martin and is to be introduced into the u.s. armed forces soon (I forget the exact date but its no later than 2010).

Check it out here.

I am looking for a 1880 to 1900 era marine unit. Basically a rifleman with a sailor's uniform.

Anyone up for re-skinning a rifleman? :)

Someone please do some ethnic explorers. It would require some imagination to do them outside of the European ones, but with the talent gathered here, it can be done.

So ... up to exploration brave new EXPLORERS!!!

How about some Villistas as Aztec riflemen and cavalry?

i jsut got civilization 4 beyond the sword and i am kinda fusterated that the tactical nuskes can be only statoined in citys and in missle crusers :( wat if there is a city that needs a good nukeing and is wayyy out there in the distance and u want to nuke it right ayay??? im lookin for a truck of some sort that can carry tatical nukes (i also understand the icbms can do the trick, but tat. nukes can be built faster) maybe it could be the Molble SAM with the rocket carrage (whatever you call it) removed and the missle or skin of a tat. duke sorta diganoal (to clear this up, sorta like a SCUD missle carrier) if someond could do that THANKS!!!:D :D :D

Top Bottom