United Nations

rujikin

Off raiding a city
For the first time ever playing this game I was elected the head of the UN. Now I am trying to figure out how to initiate a vote to ban nukes from the game. How do I do about starting a vote?

You don't initiate the vote, it will pop up automatically after a certain amount of turns.

Whilst Secretary-General you will be offered opportunities to initiate votes by the game. I have never bothered to count the number of resolutions that can be initiated per Secretary-Generalship, but I suspect that it is three. I'm sure someone can confirm this.

The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty is one that usually passes.

Ok, thanks ^_^ seen it pop up.

The resolution barely passed. Seemed so many people wanted to nuke me that the only reason i won was because I had 2 vassals that voted for it.

Vassals will always vote along with you.

Um, are you sure? I know Vassals are required to vote *for* you in votes to determine who the SecGen will be, or for a diplo victory, but I don't think they are required to vote identically as you for any other vote.

-Sinc

If you put the nuclear ban vote before anyone has any nukes, it usually passes unanimously. However, if the Manhattan project is already built and some civs have nukes, it is a lot more iffy.

Top Bottom