Units for MansWork

Gwen, it's good to have you back and thank you for the unit. Ares, thank you for the sounds and an answer to the question left unasked--"What countries use the tank beside Germany?".

Still the Canadian version made by Ripptide will remain in service...

My humble thanks for these great Leopards, and truly the Leopard 1.

From this list I can say again what I'll do for sure are Puma IFV, VBCI, Dardo, Pizarro and Ulan, PBV 301 or 302. LAV-300/600, Scorpion, Panhard VCR are possible, but not so important.

And more trucks ahead, btw.

Perhaps the Puma IFV could be made to join these latest Leopards on the battlefield. They also need some great IFV to fire on, like the VBCI,Dardo,Pizarro and Ulan.
The modern battlefield are getting in order.

Have you seen these great future combat vehicles ???
You might get the urge to create one or two ???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Combat_Systems_Manned_Ground_Vehicles

Perhaps the Puma IFV could be made to join these latest Leopards on the battlefield.

Sure. Why not?
Puma IFV.gif

Have you seen these great future combat vehicles ???
You might get the urge to create one or two ???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Combat_Systems_Manned_Ground_Vehicles

From those I've seen, I could use only Infantry carrier variant; prefer XM2001 Crusader as a next-generation howitzer (and I have its model).

Now that IFV gives the germans something to match the US Bradley or Russian BMP-3.
It will be a hit to be sure....
Thanks in advance :goodjob:

And yes the Infantry Carrier variant will then be something for the the next 10-20 years for most NATO forces I guess. Hope you find time and urge to make one.
The Crusader Self-prop howitzer is just fine too for any upgrades of the Paladin.

I´m hoping a bit on the VBCI for France and the Pizarro(Ulan) IFV for Spain and Austria and of course the Italians Dardo. Then I guess most bigger nations are up to date on their IFVs.

:hatsoff:

Looks great gwendoline! Is that a skp model?

do you have a Namer APC model?

If not, I have several IDF models including the Namer.

They also need some great IFV to fire on, like the VBCI,Dardo,Pizarro.

I think I have the VBCI and Pizarro models if gwendoline doesn't. Italian Dardo (KrugerPritz did one for Civ IV), Greek Leonidas II, & Korean K200/K21's have been difficult to track down though I've been talking with a guy about a couple of them.

I've noticed, that's not a Dardo model i thought i have :undecide: so we'll be thankful if you could get one. Also about K200/K300; just didn't check them yet. But there are several Namer's free models in sketchup format, here's no problem.

Hopefully... desert I guess...

Gorgeous, I really needed this and the Leopard 2. I wish that camo pattern didn't work so well. It's one of my favorites, but it's so effective that it hides some of the detail.

Now that IFV gives the germans something to match the US Bradley or Russian BMP-3.

I don't think he's made a Bradley yet. Right now I'm using the striker units in their place, but the heavy US units (Bradley, Abrams, and MLRS) are probably the biggest holes in my scenario since they're used so extensively. I assume most people are just using the old units from other artists, but gwens units are so good I can't bring myself to mix them very often.

I don't think he's made a Bradley yet. Right now I'm using the striker units in their place, but the heavy US units (Bradley, Abrams, and MLRS) are probably the biggest holes in my scenario since they're used so extensively. I assume most people are just using the old units from other artists, but gwens units are so good I can't bring myself to mix them very often.

Have you looked at Wyrshadow's Modern American Armored Vehicles?

Hi Gwen,

the camo pattern is technically completly authentic - the problem is the overall quite dark color while showing so much detail in the small Image size.
When I remenber correctly, Wyrmshadow had the same kind of Trouble with the wood-camo on his Bundeswehr units. His approach was a general "brightning" of the Palette, so it had a very little bit of a too bright Photograph - but it worked quite well. Maybe you could try it like this?

the camo pattern is technically completly authentic - the problem is the overall quite dark color while showing so much detail in the small Image size.
When I remenber correctly, Wyrmshadow had the same kind of Trouble with the wood-camo on his Bundeswehr units. His approach was a general "brightning" of the Palette, so it had a very little bit of a too bright Photograph - but it worked quite well. Maybe you could try it like this?

Puma looks great, and thanks for including both camo patterns! I prefer the Bundeswehr camo to the urban one, but agree with Digmuc that it could be a little lighter.

That's the problem I have with some my units, not only Bundeswehr and camouflaged. Trying to match them with others I'm balancing on the 'edge of darkness', and sometimes I notice too late they're too dark.

Palette manipulations might work in increasing/decreasing a little brightness and saturation of the whole unit. I go different way in palette build which makes very hard any color conversions. Maybe I just render new units with bright camo in the future.

Directly for this Puma: it can be lighter yes, but I tested several times unit in game, seems it doesn't break out from terrain environment :dunno:

That's the problem I have with some my units, not only Bundeswehr and camouflaged. Trying to match them with others I'm balancing on the 'edge of darkness', and sometimes I notice too late they're too dark.

Palette manipulations might work in increasing/decreasing a little brightness and saturation of the whole unit. I go different way in palette build which makes very hard any color conversions. Maybe I just render new units with bright camo in the future.

Directly for this Puma: it can be lighter yes, but I tested several times unit in game, seems it doesn't break out from terrain environment :dunno:

Another approach would be to use more intense shading, shadows, and lighting to define features that are hard to see. I remember ripptide used a similar camo pattern on his Marder, and it looked like it had light reflecting from it that created a lot of contrast.

I still think it looks great, and will use it regardless.

Top Bottom