Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

I have a problem that when I start a game, I don't always win in the end. Can this be fixed with the unofficial patch?

:lol: Best post in a long time!!!

I might be doing something wrong, but I downloaded version 1.09 of the unofficial patch, and I still don't have a "Glance" screen. I put the dll file in the correct place (i.e. the Assets folder inside the BTS folder), and I've seen some of the other fixes working in the game (such as the culture appearing correctly when mousing over buildnigs in the city screen), but I just don't see a Glance screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I might be doing something wrong, but I downloaded version 1.09 of the unofficial patch, and I still don't have a "Glance" screen. I put the dll file in the correct place (i.e. the Assets folder inside the BTS folder), and I've seen some of the other fixes working in the game (such as the culture appearing correctly when mousing over buildnigs in the city screen), but I just don't see a Glance screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Yeah , Now load the other file (1.02) and follow the instructions (put these in "My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\python\screens" folder) to gain the "glance" screen back.

2 questions :)

* What is the BUG mod referred to above?

* Is there somewhere that I can comment out forts? Like if I didn't want Stalin in the game I could just comment out his lines. When I didn't want "destroy property" in espionage, I just commented that out. Can I do the same somewhere for forts? Or would it mess up the game really bad or imbalance it? I'm thinking it would really clean up the look of my game, and forts have never been a factor in any of my games played (but that could be because I only play on Gigantic maps).

Thanks.

There are two files on the first post of the thread. The glance screen is in the second file Python/XML changes version 1.02.

Bhruic, thanks so much for the update!

This really isn't a bug fix, but have you noticed anything in the code about spies? I don't want to distract your patching efforts, just curious if you ever looked at the relevant code.

The debate is whether or not your spies really help catch enemy spies. The mouseover entry for spies claims that it does, but doesn't elaborate. People are running experiments, but it's hard to tell since they're conflicting. If spies do "help" catch enemy spies, what are they doing? Increasing the chance of catching one randomly in close proximity? Do they reduce the success rate of active espionage missions? Does having more of your own spies increase the protection?

The most recent thread I've seen on the subject is here.

The community could really do with a detailed explanation on how this works. I come to you since you're probably the most involved in this latest drop of BTS code than anyone.

The short answer is a qualified "yes". Having a spy on a square will increase the chance of spotting enemy spies on that square (well, not really "enemy", non-team would be the better choice) if the square is not a city square with the National Security Building.

I'll write up a more detailed analysis in the strategy forum.

Bh

Stationing a spy in a city increases chance of catching foriegn spies, unless that city has Security Bureau which serves same purpose.

Stationing a spy anywhere in your territory increases the chance of catching foreign spies. Unless the "anywhere" is a city with the Security Bureau. :)

Bh

Stationing a spy anywhere in your territory increases the chance of catching foreign spies. Unless the "anywhere" is a city with the Security Bureau. :)

Just to be totally clear ... that sounds as if my Security Bureaus make foreign spies safer in my territory ... but you mean that a Security Bureau offers the same extra chance to catch foreign spies that a stationary spy does? And that adding a stationary spy to a city that already has a Bureau does nothing?

Both Bureau and stationary spies affect only the tile they're in, not adjacent ones?

the second version: the Security Bureau works like a spy in that tile, but you don't get an extra bonus if a spy is also in that city.

Top Bottom