Unreachable resources in World mapscript

Snofru1

Emperor
Not sure if this is intended or an error: I have created a map with the current @Toffer90 World mapscript (50% resources) and many sea resources are absolutely unreachable in the open sea - at least until we start building cities on the ocean floor ;)...

Attachments

• MapS09_Original_Snofru.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    712.5 KB · Views: 88
Not sure if this is intended or an error: I have created a map with the current @Toffer90 World mapscript (50% resources) and many sea resources are absolutely unreachable in the open sea - at least until we start building cities on the ocean floor ;)...
It was an intentional change, as the code to evaluate if a resource is unreachable for a city does cost quite a bit of time during map generation considering the amount of times the code is processesd for each bonus placed.
I also considered ocean cities, is that a thing in C2C? I think it is but I haven't played late era C2C games in several years now so it may be just my imagination.

It was an intentional change, as the code to evaluate if a resource is unreachable for a city does cost quite a bit of time during map generation considering the amount of times the code is processesd for each bonus placed.
I also considered ocean cities, is that a thing in C2C? I think it is but I haven't played late era C2C games in several years now so it may be just my imagination.
There are no ocean cities.

Ocean cities have always been something we wanted to open up. The work on tunnels and overlapping movement rules have been a part of moving in that direction.

The problem is that some resources (manganese, hydrothermal vents etc.) aren´t available at all on the attached map as no city could ever reach there.
I wouldn´t mind a longer processing time (raxo's suggestion sounds good), he it is only once in a game!

And yes, ocean cities would be great, but I don´t expect them to be there in the next time...

The problem is that some resources (manganese, hydrothermal vents etc.) aren´t available at all on the attached map as no city could ever reach there.
I wouldn´t mind a longer processing time (raxo's suggestion sounds good), he it is only once in a game!

And yes, ocean cities would be great, but I don´t expect them to be there in the next time...
I will chew on what's been said, maybe I'll add in the code again or do something else like weighing sea and coast higher than ocean and trench.
Currently geothermal vent and manganeese can only be placed on ocean terrain, letting it be placed on sea and deep sea makes sense to me regardless of what I do in the mapscript.

Top Bottom