untill ''Shogun 2'' comes out...

How is a Total War game a substitute for a Civ game? They're almost different genres. I won't be getting Shogun 2 if it has the same or higher reqs than Empire.

Forget Shogun 2, Dragon Age 2 will come a week before and will suck all my available time from there on.

And yes, the Total War series isn't famous for releasing flawless games, specially when it comes to the AI at the field.

How is a Total War game a substitute for a Civ game? They're almost different genres. I won't be getting Shogun 2 if it has the same or higher reqs than Empire.

I think Creative Assembly learn the lessons about Empire. Napoleon was proof of this.

How is a Total War game a substitute for a Civ game? They're almost different genres.
I like Total War series. Though ciV & Total War are of different genres, it is unlikely that you'll be playing both at a time.
I won't be getting Shogun 2 if it has the same or higher reqs than Empire.
It is definitely more demanding in terms of system requirements.

Ummm, most Total War games are buggier with far worse AI several years after their release than Civ V had on release.

Ummm, most Total War games are buggier with far worse AI several years after their release than Civ V had on release.
But they have more detail, better graphics & combine Turn-based strategy with Real Time Tactics. That is they don't put much effort on AI. Hopefully this time AI would be more saner than in the previous titles. :)

Firaxis only have 1 month or so before major strategy game title comes out. If they cannot release another large patch or something that will be the end of ciV. I suspect a lot of strategy players will be glad the nightmare is over when they migrate.

Heheheheehhe, look who is posting!. I will beat you at SHTW 2 online, as i used to do at civ IV online. Freakly boy.
:lol::crazyeye:

But they have more detail, better graphics & combine Turn-based strategy with Real Time Tactics. That is they don't put much effort on AI. Hopefully this time AI would be more saner than in the previous titles. :)

Ive never enjoyed any of the real time battles in total war games, I've always clicked on auto resolve. I find the battles to be boring and crap.

Ive never enjoyed any of the real time battles in total war games, I've always clicked on auto resolve. I find the battles to be boring and crap.

yea right... some people just wont admit that they lack of strategy maneuvers :rolleyes:

I never understand this statement. The battles are the whole point of Total War. If you don't like the battles, then maybe you just don't like Total War.

I never understand this statement. The battles are the whole point of Total War. If you don't like the battles, then maybe you just don't like Total War.
This. It is called 'Total War' for a reason. Without the epic battles, Total War games are just an average or sub-standard game.

Total War and Civilization aren't really comparable. Besides, even if it does steal some players away, it's not like they won't come back to Civilization later on. People aren't so single minded that they can only think about one game at a time.

Top Bottom