US Election Results Progress Thread:

Nobody said:
when will know who won? the world wants to know who our new king is going to be

Not for a while. Both sides are going to be sueing and challenging the resaults. Both sides have teams of lawyers on jet planes ready to go to a contested state within hours.

Thread says Kerry leads in FL, but then the post doesn't mention it... :confused:

According to exit polls I am seeing so far:

- Iowa is going for Bush
- Pen, Ohio, Florida, and Wisconsin are going for Kerry
- The Republicans are winning almost every close Senate seat

Moderator Action: I created another thread as an election results progress thread, but seeing as this one has some momentum, I'll stick it instead.

Please continue to use this thread rather than start others, so that the discussion can be consolidated.

Where are you seeing the exit polls?

SeleucusNicator said:
According to exit polls I am seeing so far:

- Iowa is going for Bush
- Pen, Ohio, Florida, and Wisconsin are going for Kerry
- The Republicans are winning almost every close Senate seat

If we win Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida, it's over for Bush.

It is disappointing to hear that we will be down to 44 or so senators though.

Maybe Kerry will win in a huge landslide. And all this talk of an extremely close election played right in the hands of the Kerry administration and mobilized the masses to remove Bush by voting Kerry.

GerrardCapashen said:
If we win Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida, it's over for Bush.

It is disappointing to hear that we will be down to 44 or so senators though.

Not so fast; Gore was ahead in 2000 exit polls at this time of the day by even larger margins. Kerry has yet to win a single state.

The Senate seems safely Republican, though; so its going to be either a President with a very hostile Congress or a President with a puppet congress.

One thing to remember about Florida is that the Florida panhandle is heavily republican and they are one hour behind the rest of the state (different time-zone).

I hope the news media remembers that this year.

SN, that was an anti-climax...

article said:
LUFKIN, Texas -- Lufkin-area Republicans are complaining about voting by residents from the local state school for the mentally disabled.

The Lufkin Daily News reports the Angelina County GOP headquarters was told that Lufkin State School employees bribed students with ice cream. They also alleged improper use of a state van to take students to the poll for early voting.

County Republican Chairman Dale Ingle alleges the school was trying to boost Democratic efforts to fight the possible closing of the school.

But school administrator Randy Spence denies any wrongdoing. He says being a state school resident doesn't bar the resident from voting. The federally funded organization Advocacy Incorporated says Texans lose the right to vote only if a judge declares them mentally incompetent.

Spence says nearly 30 school residents are registered to vote, but only six had been to early voting. He says five others signed up to vote during regular voting today.

1. Texas, so nobody cares
2. Doesn't say who they were voting for
3. Boosting democracy is evil?

I think it's the young and minority vote that's helping Kerry. What has Bush done for minorities? not a darn thing.

The newer exit polls are far closer, and the election is swinging towards Bush. We might be seeing a red landslide yet.

stormbind said:
Thread says Kerry leads in FL, but then the post doesn't mention it... :confused:

Sorry, it's in the link, but I forgot to say. It's 51-48.

Here are the latest results (from the same site, again I'm not sure as to its reliability - they even say that these numbers are unconfirmed, so they may be useless):

Kerry Leads:
Entire U.S.: 50-49
FL: 50-49
OH: 50-49

Bush Leads:
NM: 50-48

SeleucusNicator said:
The newer exit polls are far closer, and the election is swinging towards Bush. We might be seeing a red landslide yet.

Where are you getting the newer exit polls from?

Also (from the same site, I don't know any other site that has updates):
Thune (R) up 4 over Daschle, Castor (D) up 3 in Fla., Coburn (R) up 6 in Oklahoma, Salazar (D) up 4 in Colorado

Edit: And apparently Bush is getting less Latino support than in 2000 (which is bad news for W supporters).

Edit2: Some other newspapers (online) are saying Kerry's ahead (www.bloomberg.org, www.sunherald.com). Once again, I don't usually read them, so I have no idea as to their reliability.

And don't forget the disclaimer ;).

Looks like Democratic GOTV efforts may be paying off.
Ohio - African American precincts are performing at 106% what we expected, based on historical numbers. Hispanic precincts are at 144% what we expected. Precincts that went for Gore are turning out 8% higher then those that went Bush in 2000. Democratic base precincts are performing 15% higher than GOP base precincts.

Florida - Dem base precincts are performing 14% better than Bush base precincts. In precincts that went for Gore, they are doing 6% better than those that went for Bush. African American precincts at 109%, Hispanic precincts at 106%.

Pennsylvania - African American precincts at 102% of expectations, Hispanics at 136% of expectations. The Gore precincts are doing 4 percent better than bush precincts.

Michigan - Democratic base precincts are 8% better than GOP base states. Gore precincts are 5% better than Bush.
Via http://www.race2004.net/. Site slow due to massive traffic.

I hope Kerry does pull out in the end. I think it would be funny watching Bush win the popular vote and lose the electoral college.

That doesn't sound good for Daschle. :( In a sparsely-populated state like SD, once one candidate pulls ahead, he stays ahead. I'm still hoping, though.

CivCube said:
In a sparsely-populated state like SD, once one candidate pulls ahead, he stays ahead. I'm still hoping, though.
Where do you get that?

Top Bottom