• No I like vanilla

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • I cant figure out how to use them yet

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zatarra09

Chieftain
Have you used any of the Mods from the mod browser interface yet?

edit: changed Steam to Mod browser

I've browsed it and played around with a few of them. I really like the reveal map button for getting a good look at the map I'm working on. I also really like that R.E.D. mod, the one that makes the units smaller? That one's cool.

Other than that, I'm getting used to the game without them and letting there get to be more mods before I try any out seriously.

Have you used any of the Mods from the mod browser interface yet?

edit: changed Steam to Mod browser

After two vanilla game, I'm playing with a mod, but one that just affets the UI (so I can more easily track my different resources. So I guess, I'm still playing vanilla (same taste, different color)

The number diplomacy mod is extremely handy- it helps to differentiate between friendly and neutral attitudes more easily and it's nice to know how to make a civ like you through culture, happiness and military strength.

The first mod I tried (clock mod) broke save compatibility and didn't work anyway. So now I'm doubly cautious and waiting for another 3-6 patches (that should be, what, two weeks?) before I try any mods again.

And again, a poll without enough choices :(

(X) No, I'll wait until the mods have been tested and balanced for a while.
(X) No, the mods I'm interested in are not available yet.
(X) I have bugs keeping me from using mods until now.

All of those are true for me. I'm keeping a close eye on balance mods, but it's too early to say if they really improve the gameplay. I have downloaded one of them for testing, but it doesn't work somehow. And I'd love to see a trading post graphic mod, but none to be found yet.

I generally don't mod. Somehow it feels like cheating? I dunno....don't mind me.

I liek that moodding capability is easily built in though. Within a generation of games modding will be easy and will be like "house rules" for board games (you know, like $500 on Free Parking, etc.)

I use most of the Balance mods, some economy mods and some more general balance tweaking since the vanilla is so broken.

And again, a poll without enough choices :(

(X) No, I'll wait until the mods have been tested and balanced for a while.
(X) No, the mods I'm interested in are not available yet.
(X) I have bugs keeping me from using mods until now.

All of those are true for me. I'm keeping a close eye on balance mods, but it's too early to say if they really improve the gameplay. I have downloaded one of them for testing, but it doesn't work somehow. And I'd love to see a trading post graphic mod, but none to be found yet.

Of the mods being made, alot of them ARE for balance, go try them and see!

If you have a mod request post it! There are a bunch of people looking for good ideas

What bug keeps you from using mods at all?

I created a mod for myself with some tweaks, and I'm still improving it. I haven't released it yet, because the in-game descriptions of some things are not updated, which can be confusing for the player. Now I'm testing it and making more changes based on the results.

In the future I'm going to create a fantasy themed full conversion mod. I know it's a lot of work, but I'm going to "borrow" most of the content from other mods :)

Just the economy mod. Make research more expensive and production cheaper among a few other things. I like it better this way. Much more fun.

I have been using Thalassicus' balance mods along with his new gradual research mod which slows down the tech tree in later game and it has improved the game for me immensely.
It's really easy to grab and install the mods via the in-game interface, a big step forward in mod support IMO.

Top Bottom