Use of BUG Mod

zonic

Chieftain
Hello all- I've only recently started playing Civ BtS again. And, after looking at some videos from YouTube and reading the forums here, I was convinced it would really help my gameplay if I tried a Mod. I have been using BUG for a couple weeks. I like it. BUT, there is so much information being presented :crazyeye:...most of which I don't know how to use. I am looking for some explanation of the elements you can find in the reports. I have several screenshots below with some example questions. I'm happy to read a post/thread/guideline if there already is one about this topic but I have looked and can only find information about the settings for BUG. I'm not looking for a guide on what the different settings are or how to change them. I'm looking for HOW TO USE the information that is in the report.

Picture 1- In this picture I've circles the items of interest.
What do the spy icons indicate?​
What do the numbers on the far right side of the pic indicate?​

Spoiler :

Picture 2 - What do the headers mean in this pic
Spoiler :

Since I am not sure that I am posting pictures correctly I will stop here before posting my other questions and pics to make sure I am doing this correctly. If this posts correctly, there will be more to follow.

Thanks

Zonic

In your first picture:
The spy heads mean that you have more espionage points against them than they have against you.
The circled numbers are how may cities each civilization has at the moment.

In your second picture:
POP = population
brown bread = how much food is available for growth
red bread = (darn, I always forget this one)
red cross = city health
happy face = city happiness
hammer = city build production per turn
pile of coins = city wealth production per turn
ring of thingees = number of trade routes
red disc = number of unhappy citizens
beaker = city research production per turn
music note = city culture total as of this turn
music note R = city culture production per turn
music note T = number of turns until city culture reaches the next level
silhouette head = total city points toward popping a Great Person (GP)
silhouette head R = rate of accumulation of GP points
silhouette head T = number of turns until a GP is popped
I can't make out what the next symbol looks like
chess castle = cultural defense % of city
fist = if shown means city is in revolt
lightening bolt = city has power source (coal, hydro, etc)
Those are the only ones that show on your picture which continues off screen to the right

At the bottom of that BUG screen there are several icons. If you mouse over them, they pop up identifying bubble. If you click on the one for changing what is displayed, you will switch to a screen where the headings are listed vertically by the description of what they are. You can sort them into a different order, remove them from the display, or add others to the display on this screen. The icons don't show, just the descriptions, so you have to remember the order.

Thanks for the reply bernbaum. I noticed you're in Montana. I'm originally from MT myself. Born in Billings.

Thanks for the help. :goodjob:

Zonic

You're welcome. :) I live about 20 miles east of Billings.

red bread = (darn, I always forget this one)
Well, it has something to do with food... I also can't remember at the moment. Maybe turns until population growth. Maybe food loss due to unhealthiness and angry population? You can probably find out by going into the page editor and seeing what the text says for that column (it is sometimes a bit cryptic, and can be truncated due to the column width it is displayed in).

red disc = number of unhappy citizens
I'm not so sure about that. The first city has -3 happy so it should have 3 unhappy citizens but doesn't show anything in that column. Perhaps maintenance cost?

I can't make out what the next symbol looks like
Looks like the great general icon, in which case it would be a count of how many great generals are settled in the city. This one is not normally shown on that first summary page.

I'm not so sure about that. The first city has -3 happy so it should have 3 unhappy citizens but doesn't show anything in that column. Perhaps maintenance cost?

Could well be. I think I never pay attention to that one, until every now and then I wonder what it is and go into the editor screen to read the text. :confused:

Top Bottom