Using bombardment to wreck great wonder

zerksees

in remission
Last night I destroyed Sun Tzu Art of war with a trebuchet! And the pikes in the city were not redlined. The next turn I took the city. Wish I had taken a screenshot.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm on C3C 1.22.

It's related to the Great Wall; Bombardment hits Walls first, but the Walls can't be destroyed so something else goes in its place.

Thanks. The Germans had the Great Wall so that explains it. Yikes I brought the trebs since he had the Great Wall. So for future reference I will have to take the Great Wall city first. I had also wrecked some other lesser improvement prior to that.

Do you know if the same thing could happen to me if I owned the Great Wall?

Apparently this does not happen when the city is size 7, because when I took the capital city, it did not happen.

I would guess that it could happen to you if you have the Great Wall; fortunately the AI isn't much for bombardment. Maybe Bombers could do it.

Sheesh. Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this feature had me stumped at one point. Thought my disc got corrupted so stopped playing for awhile.Too bad I didn't do a little research. Would've saved me the pain of missing out on my favorite grand strategic wargame. Civ3 Conquests forever!

Top Bottom