Using Empire at War units?

does this mean you'll quit the project or just that you won't help with those units/

Its fine to use someones work, just ask permission and give them credit. I am with whatever is legal and makes the mod turn out the best.

That being said:

Law > Mod.....Always

HolmstN don't go; we need a C++ guy cause my C++ skills stop at copy and paste. This mod will fail for the 3rd time if you leave. Nobody leave or a trivial thing like this.

Please don't leave this mod can not die for a 3rd time

I honestly don't know why people are so concerned about using models from other games. For one thing, the public has a "fair use" provision when it comes to copyrighted content which I believe this would be included in, and secondly this isn't a commercial venture, and it's clearly created by fans for fans and not directly competing with other Lucasarts products so there isn't really much for the copyright owners to be upset about.

And besides, even if I'm wrong, using art from another game and using a likeness from the movies or EU are equally a breach of copyright.

Edit: Hell, using the term "Star Wars" is basically a breach of copyright.

The problem with this is right now it is impossible to bring the units over so this is a moot topic till we figur out how to do that

I'm getting a 404 from your link. you might want to check it

Still is showing a 404. It might just be by my ISP

Hello guys,

I was recently viewing the movies, and suddendly wanted to model some of the ships. Then I remembered that there was a SW mod around here, so I thought you might want a preview at this:

I have skins for both Republic and Empire, its still no CivIV ready but will be soon. I also plan on making the Venator.

I'm not signing in to become a part of the team (I'm too busy in the B5 mod), but perhaps as an occasional contributor.

:salute:
Premier Valle

Thank you very much this is great.

Hello, I've been busy with the B5 mod and RL, but the Acclamator is ready, here are some screenshots:

Civilopedia:

Damaged:

Combat 1 (with cruiser animations):

Combat 2 (with invasion ship animations):

The total number of guns is 8 (not all are seen in the pics), but prior to release it, I wanted to ask you, which animation fits better? (Cruiser or Invasion Ship).

Definitely invasion ship. I love the work you've done. Great job thank you so much

Glad you like it, I´ll be publishing it shortly... I´m a little bit short on time, but hopefully in the next few days.

Looking forward to making the Venator ;)

Thank you very much

Top Bottom