Using WorldBuilder maps in "create game"

wotan321

Emperor
Are there instructions somewhere on how to use worldbuilder maps in the game? I see a dozen or so threads here and on Reddit with various bits and pieces of information, but has anyone put together how to use Worldbuilder maps in the game? I have in the past loaded a map, placed starting locations for the chosen civs, and it worked fine, but not today.

Specifically, I have Anno Domini loaded, I can create a map, and it shows up as enabled in "Additional Content", but when I try to create a game, it is not an available map.

How can this be fixed?

Any feedback is appreciated.

I have a couple of guesses as to what you might have missed. Some of how World Builder interacts with the base game changed earlier this year when WB became officially supported.

1) Did you change the name of the map AND the map mod? This is accessed in Worldbuilder by clicking the quill icon at the top left (above the panel where you select whether you're editing Terrain, Features, etc.), clicking the text tab of the Map Editor dialog, and editing all four of the fields marked "required". The mod name field is how your map mod will appear in the list of mods and the map name field is how the map will appear in the map type selection drop-down in the new game creation screen.

2) Did you remember to enable your map mod via the Additional Content option in the Civ 6 main menu? The map won't show up in the map types list until its associated mod has been enabled.

If you've done all that and the map still won't come up in Create Game, I'm afraid I'm stumped...

Top Bottom