1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

[v.76] UI didn't load!

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking' started by Chibiabos, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Chibiabos

Chibiabos Chieftain

May 24, 2005
    The moment I create my first settlement, at the very top of the screen where the usual 'stat bar' appears (gold, turns, happiness, etc.), instead I get "UI didn't load! See bit.ly/bugreporting for help." pasted at least 6 times horizontally (obscuring the top-left interface, such as the 'MENU' button). I attempted to take a screenshot of this, but for some reason all my screenshots within Civ V are coming up blank.

I have followed all the proscribed general remedies (clearing out cache, moddata, etc.) I even removed every mod installed (including TBC) by going into each one in Civ V > Mods and clicking 'Delete' and reinstalled just TBC (I could not remove the Mongol Scenario 'MOD').

My 'vanilla' Civ V includes both the June patch and subsequent hotfix; Civ V reports its version as I am running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) on an AMD Phenom 9600 (2.3 GHz x quad core) and an AMD (ATi) HD 4850 graphics card with 2295 MB 'Approx. Total Memory' as reported by DXDIAG.

Lua Console dump:

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

Nov 9, 2005
    Try version 86 from civmodding.wordpress.com

Due to a crash bug in Civ, for the past two weeks I've been unable to access the Mod Browser to update the mod.

SSeckman of firaxis said this problem was fixed two weeks ago, but I won't be able to upload mods to the Mod Browser again until they send out an update to our modding tools.

I've updated the website with this information displayed more clearly now; thank you for the helpful report. :)