V92 Oddities

augustuscaesar2

Chieftain
First of all, thank you Rhye for the add, and continuing to work on this amazing mod! I have played way too much already, and found a few small things that struck me as weird that were not listed in the "known bugs" section of the readme:
1) Some civs (Greece in a Rome game, Portugal in an England game) never (or very, very late) settle a city. They just sat there with a settler at sea for several turns (in the England game I am around turn 400, and Portugal still has no cities, in the Rome game Greece eventually settled).
20230903162504_1.jpg
2) Several things with "autoplay and reveal". First of all, the button blocks resources/faith/great works on my screen. Not sure if this is a resolution issue, or if the button should move (maybe to near the end turn button, or as an option in one of the drop down menus in the top left?). Second, when enabled, workers can improve resources they should not be able to see: 800s France building a uranium mine is a common site when starting with England or Germany while watching the autoplay.
20230902221910_1.jpg
Cities appear to benefit from the extra production from these resources as well, but this might just be a visual bug with yields enabled. Finally, loading a save where autoplay and reveal was previously enabled hides most of the map again, but not all.

3) Industrialization obsoletes cannons, while only unlocking Gatling guns
4) Reloading an autosave causes a crash to desktop ~80% of the time
5) Tech quotes are not read (but wonder ones are)
6) Vikings exploit -- if you eliminate the Vikings, and then give Oslo to the AI, they can be liberated as a normal city state

20230903221016_1.jpg

1. can you provide a savegame BEFORE it happens? I thought I defeated the bug but it's still there, apparently
2. it's not supposed to be used for playing, so pls ignore visual glitches
3. okay, so obsolete should happen later on?
4. this is a problem. I thouhgt it only happened to my as i had some problems with installation. Can anyone else confirm?
5. they can stay all off
6. not sure how to fix that. can't control the "liberate" action

On my own behalf, I will add that the Manhattan project can be postponed to a later date, when, for example, uranium is discovered. Well, so that the country would have this same uranium. It's funny when a conventional Aztec does this in the 18th century

4. I have this too

1. can you provide a savegame BEFORE it happens? I thought I defeated the bug but it's still there, apparently
2. it's not supposed to be used for playing, so pls ignore visual glitches
3. okay, so obsolete should happen later on?
4. this is a problem. I thouhgt it only happened to my as i had some problems with installation. Can anyone else confirm?
5. they can stay all off
6. not sure how to fix that. can't control the "liberate" action
1. I just have a save from right after I noticed it, and one from right around the England spawn alas -- here are both.
2. Will ignore!
3. As for cannon obsolete, since they upgrade to artillery I think it should be combustion -- otherwise we can't build new siege weapons (or any range 2 land units) for most of the industrial era.
6. RP wise I like it -- the Viking era did end in 1066, without the complete destruction of Scandinavia, and it would be nice to model that. This just seemed like a cheesy way to get there XD. Alternatively, the Vikings could function like the Pirates, and their cities could instantly auto raze.

Attachments

• Elizabeth_0300 AD-0854.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • Elizabeth_0416 AD-1556.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
4. I whitnessed this too but I always thought it is because of my rather old computer. And it happened to me in older versions too so probably not connected with Israel

Top Bottom