v95 Dutch

Sir Raffi

Chieftain
I first started the game as Dutch to have a look on the new victory conditions. First thing I noticed: I started with 27 points from "first European in Japan". Of course, none of my units did a single step before.

1714816620490.png

Then, after approx 25 turns, France declared war. Of course, I had no chance with my two composite Bowmans. I had founded the city between Amsterdam and Paris, so I thought that maybe that had provoked them.

I started a new game, this time I founded a city in denmark. After approx 25 turns, war started again, but this time with Germany and Spain simulatneously. Again, no chance.

Third try, I founded no additional city to not provoke any AI. But again war was declared at me, this time Germany and two turns later France. I think you know the outcome:

1714817208884.png

Until now I did not find a way to survive the first 30 rounds. Maybe the Dutch need some more defense units at the beginning (right now only two Composite Bowmans and one Horseman) or some kind of diplomatic bonus for their neighbours.

The second victory condition (low expences) was working good so far (3P/turn in medieval age).

Similar thing happened to me, France always declares war and wins. I survived using other cities and then Re-captured my capital until England declared war too and I was done. It's definitely very difficult to survive so didn't get to test much victory conditions.

Question about the spend < 50 gold objective: Is this net gold change per turn? If you are producing 120 gold and have expenses/maintenance of 60 gold you end up at +60 GPT, does this satisfy the objective?

What if you upgrade a unit for something like 100 gold? Does that turn still count as "Low Expenses" for 1-time expenses like this?

I first started the game as Dutch to have a look on the new victory conditions. First thing I noticed: I started with 27 points from "first European in Japan". Of course, none of my units did a single step before.

View attachment 690231

Then, after approx 25 turns, France declared war. Of course, I had no chance with my two composite Bowmans. I had founded the city between Amsterdam and Paris, so I thought that maybe that had provoked them.

I started a new game, this time I founded a city in denmark. After approx 25 turns, war started again, but this time with Germany and Spain simulatneously. Again, no chance.

Third try, I founded no additional city to not provoke any AI. But again war was declared at me, this time Germany and two turns later France. I think you know the outcome:

View attachment 690232

Until now I did not find a way to survive the first 30 rounds. Maybe the Dutch need some more defense units at the beginning (right now only two Composite Bowmans and one Horseman) or some kind of diplomatic bonus for their neighbours.

The second victory condition (low expences) was working good so far (3P/turn in medieval age).

that number is from technologies.
I need that interface to get fixed, I couldnt figure out how

Top Bottom