veBears Civs

OK, sounds great, will include religions still I believe, but without spread. Will probably end up using the religions from TAM, and having Christianity found in year 1... what incredible accuracy :D

Don't worry about HR, all civics will be redone in final version.

Also, I will of course include the forbidden palace under a new name (Provinical Capital, with this being a national wonder you can build 2 of), so that will help on maintenance.

hmmm, maybee I should add the provincial capital to the rebellion code (though it may already count the forbidden palace by default)

I think you will need to make sure christianity is not founded by an accessable tech otherwise it can be founded before 1 ad (I have no removal code for existing holy city)

ok on the rebels front, I have weeded out the errors so far and now I am debugging to see if the code succesfully deletes and checks for rebellions. But I have got rebellions to spawn in cities so that is fine :p iChance is set to 1000% for testing :lol:

Thanks sounds great.

I might factor in unhappiness into the equation for chance. at the moment a minimum value is needed to trigger a rebellion but should it also increase the rebellion chances the more unhappy the city actually is?

btw war weariness doesn't affect rebellion conditions so WW unhappy will not trigger rebellions

Well, that is a decision I leave up to you. Good that War Wearyness doesn't count though.

Hey veBear, I was wondering if I could have the Parthian module in .rar or .zip format? I don't think there's a .7z unzipping thing for Macs. Thanks!
-Sam

Hey veBear, I was wondering if I could have the Parthian module in .rar or .zip format? I don't think there's a .7z unzipping thing for Macs. Thanks!
-Sam
I'll see what I can do about it. You can't expect it to happen that soon though, as I have a couple of other things going on too.

first post in this thread said:
Brazil - MY BEST SOLO PROJECT SO FAR!
Spoiler :
Adds the Brazilian civilization to the game

LH1: De Sousa (Exp/Cha)

LH2: Pedro II (Ind/Cre)

UU: Bandeirantes (Musketman)
- Small chance (9%) of enslaving defeated enemy as Worker
- Small chance (1%) of enslaving defeated enemy as Settler
- 10% Withdrawal chance

UB: Fazenda (Grocer)
- +30% :gold: (instead og vanilla 25%)
- +1 :traderoute:
- +1 :)

MORE INFORMATION - DOWNLOAD

Preview:

Enjoy :king:

I'm interested in your brazil civ mod and I gotta say it's a well done project. However, I think you should rework on the brazilian UU. Here are my suggestions:

*9% chance to enslave a defeated unit as a worker is way low. Also, 1% chance to generate a settler is downright useless. I suggest you remove the chance to generate a settler and increase the odds of a worker coming out of a battle. Something like 15% or 20% to produce a worker would be enough.

*10% chance to withdraw from combat is not useful for a slow unit (unlike the cavalry or zulu UU, you can't turn around after a failed combat). My suggestion is to replace it with Heal while Moving (more acceptable) or ignore terrain movement cost/mobility + 1 movement point (not the best idea since it conflicts with the french UU). Both emphasize the mobility and self-sufficiency of the Bandeiras, from which the Bandeirantes took their name.

*9% chance to enslave a defeated unit as a worker is way low. Also, 1% chance to generate a settler is downright useless. I suggest you remove the chance to generate a settler and increase the odds of a worker coming out of a battle. Something like 15% or 20% to produce a worker would be enough.
Too OP IMO.

*10% chance to withdraw from combat is not useful for a slow unit (unlike the cavalry or zulu UU, you can't turn around after a failed combat). My suggestion is to replace it with Heal while Moving (more acceptable) or ignore terrain movement cost/mobility + 1 movement point (not the best idea since it conflicts with the french UU). Both emphasize the mobility and self-sufficiency of the Bandeiras, from which the Bandeirantes took their name.
It will help if you have a large stack of units, which basically allows you to keep the unit in a battle it else could have lost, so maybe you can spare some units that way. Heal while mowing would be a good enough bonus by itself IMO (OP together with the previous bonus) and extra movement is out of the question due to the Musketeer (I never use the same bonus as, or edit, a vanilla UU, with the exception being Carthage in my Berber mod, but even then the Numidian Cavalry stats is unchanged).

But let's not quarrel over that for now. I'll instead tell you why I wanted that bonus. I chose that bonus because they took a lot of natives as slaves so the Brazilians could gain a good workforce. That way I feel like I'm also representating the slave-culture on the plantations (Fazendas) in Brazil. So basically it's to make them a sort of slave-taker unit.

Too OP IMO.

How so? Musketman is far from being a blitz unit and the most reliable source of weak attacks, barbarians, is almost non-existent on gunpowder era. It's just a history perk with little actual use IMO. Musketmen aren't exactly walls like Machine Guns, which can hold off most units till Tanks and Marines come into the game.

It will help if you have a large stack of units, which basically allows you to keep the unit in a battle it else could have lost, so maybe you can spare some units that way. Heal while mowing would be a good enough bonus by itself IMO (OP together with the previous bonus) and extra movement is out of the question due to the Musketeer (I never use the same bonus as, or edit, a vanilla UU, with the exception being Carthage in my Berber mod, but even then the Numidian Cavalry stats is unchanged).

Considering Musketmen and its upgrades have defensive nature, there's no way it could be any better than the American UU. Also, it's a promotion which they would get later as Mech Infantry.

But let's not quarrel over that for now. I'll instead tell you why I wanted that bonus. I chose that bonus because they took a lot of natives as slaves so the Brazilians could gain a good workforce. That way I feel like I'm also representating the slave-culture on the plantations (Fazendas) in Brazil. So basically it's to make them a sort of slave-taker unit.

I understand and I think it's a good idea, but you should also consider covering the legendary self-sufficiency which allowed them to walk thousands of kilometers in previously uncharted lands to raid native villages and find gold deposits.

Personally, I will say 1% chance is close to never happening anyway.
Also, I rather have the worker than the settler by the time muskets can be built, since all the land plots should be covered anyway. Settler will only be useful if you wish to raze and rebuild.
Thus, might as well combine both codes to just spawn workers, 1 less IF statement, better efficiency also

Platyping: Might be right, I plan on updating soon anyway, so that might be good time to do so.

Acrophobus: How you use the musket is all up to you. Seeing the UnitAIs of that unit, it will be used for attack too by the AI in game. March will as previously stated not be included, but I'll increase the chance of worker to 10 and remove settler.

Two announcements... first, I will soon update my Indonesia mod to a third and final version, with some slight changes (Hayam Wuruk - Dharmasety LH art swap, Hayam Wuruk renamed Gajah Mada, all same stats). Then, when Novator release his Einar Gerhardsen...

Spoiler :

Attachments

• NorEmpire.jpg
    NorEmpire.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 314
Top Bottom