veBears Civs

Have you turned on modular loading? In your mod folder, there will appear a config .txt file after you have loaded th emod for the first time. Check modular loading to 1 and it should be able to load. Libya mod will come, but it's not ready yet. Will be uploaded when ready.

Can you put all your civs into one mod folder that we can download to have all civs.?

Probably not in the near future.

Anyway, I'm here to give you guys a preview of what IS coming in the near future...

BE PREPEARED!
Huge cred to platyping for helping with the python needed for this unit

And I really have to get around and finish up Libya... (I'm bumping ya, cybr ;) ) :crazyeye:

'Course you can, that'd be great. So if I get this right, you're the lead modder for PAE, aren't you? You don't have some diplomusic around for, lets say, the Libyans (some Berber or Arab music) and maybe some early Brazilian too (some ancient Iberian-style). Anything that could fit would really be great. :)

Pie, I'm stealing all of your stuff BTW. veBear, you already know I steal all of your stuff. I'm trying to go on a modding rampage tonight.

Pie, I'm stealing all of your stuff BTW. veBear, you already know I steal all of your stuff. I'm trying to go on a modding rampage tonight.

Sounds good to me.

for me too Capo ;), I am glad you like my features and use them!

veBear:
I am sorry, I don't have any special diplo music, I use the default ones.

Here's the code for your Bandeirantes:

PHP:
        def onCombatResult(self, argsList):
                'Combat Result'
                pWinner,pLoser = argsList
                playerX = PyPlayer(pWinner.getOwner())
                unitX = PyInfo.UnitInfo(pWinner.getUnitType())
                playerY = PyPlayer(pLoser.getOwner())
                unitY = PyInfo.UnitInfo(pLoser.getUnitType())

# ---- UNIT: BANDEIRANTES Start --------------
                if pWinner.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNIT_BANDEIRANTES"):
                  if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(2, "Random number for Unit Bandeirantes to get Worker or Settler") == 0:
                    iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNIT_WORKER")
                    iUnitAIType = UnitAITypes.UNITAI_WORKER
                  else:
                    iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNIT_SETTLER")
                    iUnitAIType = UnitAITypes.UNITAI_SETTLE
        		# Create the unit
        		NewUnit = playerX.initUnit(iUnit,  pWinner.getX(), pWinner.getY(), iUnitAIType, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
        		NewUnit.finishMoves()

# optional, only english, if you want it in more languages use CyTranslator() and add a tag in a TextInfo.xml
                if playerX.isHuman():
                    CyInterface().addMessage(pWinner.getOwner(), True, 10, "Your Bandeirantes has captured a "+PyInfo.UnitInfo(iUnit).getDescription()+"!", None, 2, PyInfo.UnitInfo(iUnit).getButton(), ColorTypes(14), unitX.getX(), unitX.getY(), True, True)
                # ---- UNIT: BANDEIRANTES End ----------------

if (not self.__LOG_COMBAT):
                        return
                if playerX and playerX and unitX and playerY:
                        CvUtil.pyPrint('Player %d Civilization %s Unit %s has defeated Player %d Civilization %s Unit %s'
                                %(playerX.getID(), playerX.getCivilizationName(), unitX.getDescription(),
                                playerY.getID(), playerY.getCivilizationName(), unitY.getDescription()))

(I can't test it, I hope it works, if not. post it :))

Thanks, but platyping already did that for me a while ago. Good to know you can help with python though, as I might require your service in the near future for something I think I will start working on soon ;)

oO.. damn... another job is coming and I have rare spare time.... :D

that's nice, you can compare the codes and take the better one ;)
did pla took care of UnitAIType ?

Well I believe so. All I know is that It works, and does so only for Land Combat units (so you can't turn a prophet into a worker). I'm anyway quite happy with it, but thanks though. And I really wish I could compare the codes, but my python-knowledge is far too limited for that... thanks still though :)

Oh ok. No, I didn't compare the type of loser unit. so keep using plats code.

Ok, so this is a kind-of request. Anyone who knows enough about python could throw themselves into this task if they want. Basically, I want to create a new victory condition. In this victory condition, the Player will have to control a certain amout of cities to win (say, 20 atm) and also control 3 of a building automatically built in the capital of all civs (including ones own, in my mod this will be called BUILDING_IMPERIAL_SQUARE) that can not be built otherwise and will never raze or move to another city. Hope anyone is willing to do this.

I will have a go, (with the appropriate tools (baldyr's civplayer module :p if possible...)). though I wouldn't mind doing the building checks, wouldn't it be simpler to find if the civ controls 3 original capitals?

I will do some work on it tommorrow... is the Mod senario based or random based?

I will have a go, (with the appropriate tools (baldyr's civplayer module :p if possible...)). though I wouldn't mind doing the building checks, wouldn't it be simpler to find if the civ controls 3 original capitals?

Well, that would mean you could conquer any capital, but this should only count for certain civs capitals, so that if you conquer per example, the American capital, it won't count, btu if you conquer, say, the English capital, it will.

I will do some work on it tommorrow... is the Mod senario based or random based?

Scenario based.

Top Bottom