Veni, Vidi, Vici

Fubb

Chieftain
Mod: RFC
Diffuculty: Monarch
Civ: Roman of course!

story; Well, i began playing RFC a few days ago, and only recently decided 'Ima make a story!' however this was already AFTER i was a few turns into the game...well, more then a few, i have a tiny empire going already and have discovered lots of the western world! I did take a few screen shots earlier in the game for some tests, but thats it. So, im just goona pretend the previous ruler passed, on, and the new ruler (me) just took power...TECHNICALLY we did just have a revolution...so....

The current empire

Augustus walked into the throne room, and gazed about at the council members before him. And so it was. The previous ruler was disposed of, and it was time for a new era of Roman prosperity. His main adviser approached him.

"To give you a brief run down of what happened while we were revolting...will take quite a while actually. We'll make this as fast as possible." First of all, the barbarians have been ravishing our outlying provinces. The city of Dyrrachium was captured by a small force of barbarians, but our legions in the area took it back quickly, and expelled barbarian forces. Such can not be said of Burdigala, or most westerly city, north west of Lugdunum. Barbarian forces ransacked the city.

At the same time, the Greeks lost the city of Byzantine to barbarian forces. It would be best if we got any spare legion forces to move into the city at once, and capture this important sea port.

But we have a serious problem. Not only are the barbarians a constant problem, so is it that Carthage will become one, they recently declared war on us. We will need to defend the empire. Worry not though, our greatest architects are working in the border lands on a Great Wall which will solve our Barbarian problems, it will be done one of the years I'm sure! So my emperor, what is our course of action?."

"We will reinforce the western provinces until we have a force great enough to take Barcino. Focus our attention on taking Byzantine before the Greeks can retake it!"

---

sooooo ANYWAYS, thats the plan! The greeks are a thorn in my back side. honestly, everywhere i go, i find greeks. EVERYWHERE!

Then again, i dont know whats more disconcerning.

Greeks in South Africa:

Spoiler :

or Lions in eastern Germany:

Spoiler :

Oh well, im sure ill get my chance to kill the Greeks soon. Hopefully its before the Great wall is built so i get more land covered by it. Any land without a Barbarian is GOOD LAND!

New Problems

Following the creation of our Great Wall, the Empire saw rapid change in the lands.

The need for worry about Carthage was completely pointless. During the same year (turn) the wall was constructed, the Carthage government completely dissolved, as every one of their cities was over taken by anarchy, independence and barbarians.

All fine and dandy indeed.

Dyrrachium declared independence, those caniving thieves! And before government forces could move in and retake the city, it was razed to the ground! Though that was the LEAST of our worries, because...

Spoiler :

The government quickly commenced the invasion of these foolish, stinky cheese eating people. And It payed off.

Spoiler :

The city was burnt to the ground, and the army set it's eyes on Cherbourg. However,r disaster struck at the most inopportune of moments.

Spoiler :

CIVIL WAR! Worst thing, the Main army, which was on its way from Dyrrachium, was now cut off from the extensive German border! Roman forces knew what they had to do, and cut through the German lands (aka declared war on them) in order to reach Mediolanum.

Spoiler :

Mediolanum was retaken quite easily with minimal casualties. However, Lugdunum would be a different story. It was well defended...

---

At Ceasers palace, the newest promoted General (really its Sin Tzu, but meh) has been tasked with leading the roman army to victory. (I know what Brutus' real role was and what not, im just to lazy to make up a name!)

"Et tu, Brutus. You shall lead our forces in the assault on Lugdunum. We will reunite the empire under any cost necessary. All of our forces our at your disposal!"

"My emperor, I will not let you down!"

"Then make haste to the front!"

----

Spoiler :

I had more casualties then expected in Lugdunum, atleast 3/4's of my forces to be exact, but thats because i rushed to retake it. By the time i took it, i had a healthy reserve outside the German city of Grez, and the battle would prove to be much easier (only about 1/4 of the army was killed.

Spoiler :
Brutus leading the final charge into Grez

As this was happening, we rebuilt Dyrrachium (again...i think thats about the 3rd or 4th time iv'e rebuilt that city!) and sent new settlers out to further expand our empire!
Spoiler :

The NEW Roman Empire, re-unified against their best wishes!

Spoiler :
Singidunum

Singidunum, built west of Grez and Dyrrachium, and north of the barbarian controlled Byzantion. It would become the new outpost of the Roman empire, and our gateway into the middle east.

NOTE:

While this was going on, numerous things happened. Arabia and Ethiopia declare war on me, but then Ethiopia declared its independence of Arabia and then disappeared. THEN Arabia disappeared to. I peaced the war with France, and right after taking Grez i peaced the war with Germany. Now i have a massive army and a -12 income, and im ready for war. I want Constantinople (assuming it really exists)

Im also trying to get the best relationship possible that I can with the Netherlands!

Other then that, I wanna make big boats and sail to the New World, im tired of fighting my neighbors!

I've only played RFC for a while...how do i get better stability? I dont want another civil war, even though i came out of it in a better position then i went in..

And I actually kinda miss the Greeks. Their like Romans, only they wear blue. Actually they wear Cyan, so that's not even as good as blue, and they somehow went everywhere I went...they were like a puppy! Ooooooh well.

WHAT NEXT? MORE PESKY EUROPEAN CIVILIZATIONS? THE FRENCH? MORE ARABS? BARBARIANS? WHO KNOWS! TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO FIND OUT!

well, assuming people actually look at this.

Great to see another RFC story.

Stability takes some getting used to. Some things that make it easier:

1. Maximise commerce in your cities. You don't have to auto emphasise commerce, but just keep it in mind. Lots of coins means happier people.

2. Expand gradually. The expansion category (on F2) will be healthy if you are continually expanding, and slowly is the only way to be continually expanding. Don't take cities until you are sure you will keep them, and you have built a few courthouses and markets in your central cities, for the above-mentioned commerce. In RFC, courthouses are very useful (once you get them).

3. Don't lose a lot of units. Use catapults, take advantage of revolts in neighbouring cities, etc.

4. Don't whip too much.

5. If things get below 'shaky' ( to 'unstable' or 'collapsing'), get the army, all of them, to your capital. You don't want heavily defended cities like Lugdunum when you are re-taking your empire.

(As the Romans, you can travel quickly along roads. This means you can keep the bare minimum of units in outlying cities, and when a threat appears, move the army quickly in that direction.)

Good luck. Looking forward to updates.

Good luck on this one, I hope it fares better than the way my empire has been going.

Only problem i have now is that i don't have money...and i dont wanna cut my research any further! I'll have to find some new money solutions, open trade routes, etc.

Grocers, forums, banks, and lighthouses. All are great for money.

Well....

Spoiler :
Its a good thing i've reached the renaissance! Which you will find out once my photo's finish uploading to photo bucket

authors note: Any idea why my copy and paste isnt working? I ctrl-C and ctrl-V and nothing happens. Very maddening to manually copy and paste. Also, my arrow keys arnt working either. Its very annoying.....Maybe its jsut a firefox thing.

300 Years to the top

Spoiler :

Germany declared war on Rome (for no particular reason, I might add) So, Ceasar immidiatly ordered Brutus to take all available forces and lay Seige to Berlin.

Spoiler :

Brutus leads the troops into battle

The Battle for Berlin lasted many years (well, 100 actually, but i dont wanna have to make Brutus die. Heck, augustus is still alive, why make my general die of old age, right?) Until Brutus' army was finally able to overcome the German forces, and conqour Berlin with the help of our Dutch allies.

Spoiler :

Right after the collapse of the capital, the rest of Germany fell apart. The Romans took this chance to grab more assests. Konigsberg was next on the list.
Spoiler :

I HAZ ENLIGHTENMENT!!!

Spoiler :

Konigsberg fell, and the next target was Lemberg, to the southeast. Sadly, the Dutch beat us to it.

Spoiler :

And that is quite alright, as the Empire was already looking to new horizons. Our greatest engineers had developed a new ship, a Caravel, that unlike our crummy old Galleys and Tiremes, could ACTUALLY GO IN DEEP WATER! The Emperor was very intrested in what lied across the ocean, and these ships would find out exactly what is was....
Spoiler :

It was 1505. This time 300 years ago, the war with Germany had just broken out, and from that, the Empire grew stably, both economically, militarily, and socially. They had learned of other nations in europe, like the Vikings and Russians, and now it was time to see if anyone lived in this new area.

Spoiler :

Looks like the Dutch are turning into my next Greeks.....they're everywhere too! EVEN IN THE PLACE POPULATED BY THE BEACERS!

Spoiler :

The government found a civilization, the 'Aztecs' in the new world. Turns out many people from Rome had climbed aboard little rafts and sailed across the ocean and landed here, cause i sure don't know where they came from. Either way, it was clear there was more then one continent in the new world, and the government wanted a well established base of operations for the southern continent, which no doubt had riches to exploit.

Spoiler :

Yea...

Spoiler :

It turns out the Aztecs were a very large nation, with much to conqour and take from.

It was 1525. The Romans had climbed to the top of the world in 300 years. Through war and money, they had become the single most powerful force on the planet...

...and they wouldn't let ANYONE stand in their way...

Yay, new world conquests! In a multiplayer with my brother I managed to get all three conquistador events. Tehnochitlan=Mexicopolis. If that's not an awesome name, I don't know what is.

Yay, new world conquests! In a multiplayer with my brother I managed to get all three conquistador events. Tehnochitlan=Mexicopolis. If that's not an awesome name, I don't know what is.

Lol nice :D

Yes i plan on conquering the new world :D Hopefully my people there end up trying to form the united states or something, then ill have something to do atleast....and now that i've discovered gunpowder....things are about the become very interesting.

I just hope Arabia or Turkey doesnt declare war on me. Im also building forts all around the border lands right near towns so my troops can rush to help the minute they revolt :D IF they revolt, empires been very stable lately.

Top Bottom