Venice Ai is terribad

Hakuoh

Warlord
I dont know..
In all my games where i had Venice so far he started to build the Great Libary and always got it but he never builded any Units and lost its Capital before turn 150.
Im my current game rom took him out in 2 turns.

If he starts in a peacefull area he does okay but later on he spends his merchants to get Gold from the City stats instead of buying them..

Overall even on Emporer hes bad.

I think you meant "incredibad", Jk. Yeah, I thought as much. With play rules so radically different I had a feeling the AI would get lost.

If he starts in a peacefull area he does okay but later on he spends his merchants to get Gold from the City stats instead of buying them.

This is actually usually the correct move for for the AI to play Venice optimally. After the first couple of puppets Venice should use the MOVs to get influence and gold to buy more influence. With MOVs and tons of trade route gold Venice can coast its way to a diplo victory.

Of course the AI should build enough units to defend itself (and its trade routes) though. So that probably needs to be fixed.

I played a game as Venice and used my first MoV for gold and influence. It was my only trading partner, and I was able to buy a cargo ship and city walls with the profits. Better than building either.

I had Venice nearby in my first BNW game. King, continents. They led in research and always had a formidable standing army. They eventually won a diplomatic victory before I could take their capital, not long before I would have won a culture victory. They were allied with every city state and had conquered several.

They're not great for AI to play, but my 2nd game had Venice with 11k gold in the bank by the end. But he didn't use it to try and win diplo.

Other than that, I'm not sure why it's always a chieftain poster making a thread with a title that screams 'argue with me'

I have seen the AI Venice overrun by a neighbor, Rome, on the Giant Europe map. When I play Venice on that map, Rome seldom does anything but complain about my armies on her borders (I do buy a defense force for Venice early on). I think it is possible that Rome for some reason did not get enough trade gold from Venice and that may be what cinched the move against them.

Top Bottom