Venice and Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homusubi

Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe
Given that Venice can't build settlers, what will happen with Collective Rule, in the Liberty policy tree? One of 4 things could happen.

a) Venice gets a free MoV instead.
b) Venice gets nothing whatsoever.
c) This is the only Settler that Venice can have apart from the starting one.
d) The policy tree has been changed.

Which do you think it is? On a side note, that purple civ in the early screenshot had 5 or so cities close together, which doesn't fit with Venice's UA very well.

1. OCC get no free settler so probably the same situation here
2. Japan doesn't benefit from Populism in Autocracy so Venice probably not benefit from Collective Rule.

Given that Venice can't build settlers, what will happen with Collective Rule, in the Liberty policy tree? One of 4 things could happen.

a) Venice gets a free MoV instead.
b) Venice gets nothing whatsoever.
c) This is the only Settler that Venice can have apart from the starting one.
d) The policy tree has been changed.

Which do you think it is? On a side note, that purple civ in the early screenshot had 5 or so cities close together, which doesn't fit with Venice's UA very well.

a) very unlikely
b) most likely
c) very unlikely
d) maybe

That map with Venice only had 3 cities. One had huge borders, the other two were basic size. Neither of the smaller ones was connected to the big one. This is consistent with the mechanics that indicate that Venice can only expand through war or puppeting city-states. Those two smaller cities were probably city-states.

Two CSs right next to each other, both of which separate Venice Proper from the rest of the world?

My guess= same as in OCC.. Nothing
(It's not 'Venice can't build/buy settlers.' It's 'Venice can't acquire Settlers' that also eliminates ruins as a source)

I don't think the SP will be changed (although the icon changed... But to a settler flag)
It will just be a Sp that is cancelled by the UA.. Like Japan and 'Populism/Elite Forces'

1. OCC get no free settler so probably the same situation here
2. Japan doesn't benefit from Populism in Autocracy so Venice probably not benefit from Collective Rule.

1. But that's a regular game, so I doubt it's a reference.

2. With Japan and Populism I'd name it a bug. So, again I'd not use it as reference.

Overall... I don't know. We have no example to be used correctly.

Probably nothing, the same way you do not get anything when you choose Liberty when playing in OCC mode.

Or (second most likely) it gets changed.

I agree the Japan/Populism is a problem (although now that tenet is optional, you don't need it to finish Autocracy... So it is 'fixed')

I really doubt the policy is changed for one civ.
Probably you might have a fixed alternate when receiving a settler (from policy/ruins)
Say a worker?

My preference would be they get the free settler (after all the other part is useless for them). Just to provide an interesting variation for a Liberty Venice

( decreased policy city cost is useless for them but the finisher is stronger)

Liberty is for Venice minority choice i guess. The only reason i can think of is to get a free Great Prophet to get their own religion to push through those trade routes.

Isn't Doge the title for leaders that choose the Liberty tree?

Doge is for Commerce.

But yeah, it'd be weird if a civ known for not being a monarchy when (almost) everyone around was one was pretty much forced to go Tradition (which has Monarchy). Would love a free Merchant instead, but I doubt it'll be changed this way, and Tradition seems like a superior choice anyway.

But yeah, it'd be weird if a civ known for not being a monarchy when (almost) everyone around was one was pretty much forced to go Tradition (which has Monarchy). Would love a free Merchant instead, but I doubt it'll be changed this way, and Tradition seems like a superior choice anyway.

Just because Liberty isn't the greatest option from Venice doesn't mean you'd be forced to go Tradition. You could go Honor and start conquering neighboring cities to expand your empire. And, IIRC, Piety is now available from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom