Victory Conditions and Scoring...

222ridepegasus

Chieftain
Hello there,

just a general Q regarding end Game Scoring...

I'm not far off winning my first Emperor difficulty level Game (Using England)

I'm ahead in pretty much everything on Demographics, and have all the city states as Allies, its about 1935...

Normally I go for DOMINATIONS victories, but I could also achieve SCIENCE or DIPLOMATIC...

is there any difference to the Victory Type and Score? presumably the sooner I win the better for scoring, so probably domination is better... But yeah I'm not sure, just wondered if anyone could clarify?

thanks

K

I'm sure there's a formula out there somewhere that gives the multiplier for each kind of victory, but as far as I can tell the two biggest influences are

1) How early you win the game (favouring domination)
2) How big your empire is (favouring domination)

There is a small effect from difficulty level, but nowhere near big enough IMO. My highest scoring games are when I roflstomped the AI at Prince and below. All my victories on Emperor are at the bottom of my HOF.

By far the highest contribution to score is from population, and that comes from having huge empire with huge cities. That is why domination usually has higher score. People has tried to max that out when they attempt a time victory. Other things that has contribution is number of future tech, policies, great works, wonders, but they all are minor compared to the population. Early victory will also modify your score by some amount, but usually it isn't very significant after the T100 mark anyways. The very high score victory with low number of turns are the extreme outliers such as Huns duel T5 marathon Dom V or other such thing.

Top Bottom