Vietnamese Civ

ApocalypseKurtz

Man, myth, legend
Vietnamese Civ

Militaristic, Industrious

Special Unit: Jungle Infantry / Viet Cong (8/10/1)

(replaces Infantry)

Leader: MARLON BRANDO!!!

Hmm
Nope, the leader would be Ho Chi Minh, I would guess.
Remember, Apocalypse Now is just an update of Heart of Darkness, taking place in Vietnam instead of the Congo. Kurtz actually was leading a Congoese Tribe.

Besides, Marlon Brando couldn't lead the Vietnamese. Not enough rice in the entire country to support even one of his meals...

Guerrilla units and saboteurs were not an invention of the Vietnamese, either. The American Troops in the Revolutionary War used similar tactics.

Heh, but I can see it now. You initiate a diplomatic chat:
"Greetings to thee, great Brando of the Vietnamese..."
"We must incinerate them.... house by house... pig by pig...."
"I have come with a diplomatic treaty."
"Are you an assassin?"
"I am Xeres of the Persians."
"You are neither. You are a clerk sent by a butcher to collect a bill."
(Throws Chef's head in your lap)

New Unit: R. Lee Ermey
Turns a random Marine unit into Vincent "Gomer Pyle" D'Onfrio, makes him eat a jelly donut and the two units kill each other.

Ok now I'm taking the tasteless jokes a bit too far. 50 lashes and thrown overboard for me....

THIS IS THE END, MY ONLY FRIEND THE END

Heh that chat would be cool. Perhaps it would work as an "Apoacalypse Now" Scenario: Americans (Capt. Willard) v. Vietnamese (Gen. Kurtz)

Or, combine two great movie of the era and we have the Sheen father and son along with Willem Dafoe vs. Brando, Dennis Hopper and Tom Berenger

(from his Waterworld Review)
"The more I see Dennis Hopper in these movies, the more I'm convinced someone needs to take his pot away. I mean come on, what is he, eighty? He's too old for the world of the 'munchies' and the wet towels stuffed under the door cracks. Its disconcerting to me that he probably still cracks up anytime he thinks of the Cheech and Chong classic "Dave's not here, man." Call me geriphobic, but I'm not gonna blaze up a doob with someone who voted for McKinley..."

- Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese

One of your advisors suddenly turn into a dope-smoking hippie photojournalist and when you want a report on your space ship progress, he interrupts your science advisor....

"One through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space, you can't go out into space, you know, without, like, you know, uh, with fractions - what are you going to land on - one-quarter, three-eighths? What are you going to do when you go from here to Venus or something? That's dialectic physics."

dude, what is that from? is that from a movie? sounds familiar, but I can't place it.....

Originally posted by ApocalypseKurtz

Perhaps it would work as an "Apoacalypse Now" Scenario: Americans (Capt. Willard) v. Vietnamese (Gen. Kurtz)

Did I get a promotion? Musta missed that out in the jungle ;)

Screw Colonel Kurtz, give me Colonel Kilgore!

"Listen son, you either surf or fight, that's the plan here!"
"Yeah, I play Wagner. It scares the hell out of the slopes. My boys love it!."
"This is Big Duke 6 to all units, assume attack formation. Put on Psy War op, make it loud."
"You smell that, son? That's napalm, son, nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, once we had this hill bombed for eighteen hours, and when it was all over I walked up... we didn't find one of them, not one stinking dink body, but the smell... you know, that gasoline smell... the whole hill... it smelled like... victory."

Top Bottom