Viewing units in ships

stagnate

Warlord
In the dim hazy past, I thought that I could see what units were in an enemy ship approaching my territory. Is this true, and if so what are the limitations (no viewing in neutral territory, etc)?

I checked a ship, found it 'empty' which then led to an interesting "A Malinese cannon has destroyed your Galleon" message, which had me chasing my tail looking for a bug (couldn't see the combat in the log, and a siege weapon had just conquered my city)!

Am I hallucinating now, or was I before?

In vanilla (unpatched), you could see who was in enemy ships. IIRC, it was changed in vanilla 1.52 and Warlords so you can't see the troops in ships, only the ships themselves. Obviously, this carried to BtS as well.

So you're not crazy. :crazyeye:

Yeah I was pretty pissed when I found out :lol:
It was right in a 1on1 game against a friend, neither of us knew that they changed it and he decided to try and sneak around a few units with a galley in the hope I wouldn't see it. I saw it, but it didn't display any units so I thought it's harmless... boy was I surprised when he took one of my most important cities.

The best way now is.. guarded transport = trouble. Transport on its lonesome = having a donder.

Top Bottom