Visual C++ Debug Library

Maccabee

Rebuilder of Walls
I'm sure this is not the modder's fault, however I am wondering if anyone else who has played The Dragon and the Rood (I'm addicted to it, I'm afraid) has run into this problem.

Description of problem:
I tweaked the scenario, Dragon and the Rood, with the editor to allow unlimited turns and the game usually crashes somewhere between turn #140 and 180.
I used a few tech forums to investigate the problem, but now I get this error message that sounds like a pagefile problem or a problem in the Civ code. It reads :

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library in Program: (Filepath)...Civ3Conquests.exe
Damage: after Normal Block (#2882644) at 0x0B707AE0

It then gives the usual choice of Abort, Retry, or Ignore. Pressing Retry usually crashes to the desktop.

I searched numerous tech forums and the MS Knowledge DB, but couldn't find any match any closer than "Damage after Normal Block", all matches as such pointing to an actual code error and not a hardware or pagefile problem. Does anyone have any experience that points to a hardware (chipset?) problem or a pagefile problem? Or is this just a rare code bug?:confused:

I'm running a full Gig of RAM on XP, with a 128MB video card. Has anyone else run into this problem or one like it? Thanks. :confused:

i would suggest that you maybe PM Plotinus w/ this issue (creator of the mod). he is always rather helpful w/ such matters and may even have a cure.

i, however, have never seen such an error occur and i thought i've seen 'em all ;)

I've got almost the same error. But that was in the epic game, and not in the Rood. What graphic card are you using?

Here's a screenie.

Top Bottom