Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

Hey Gamer, is this happening through the GMR Client? If so, does it help if you completely close and re-open the GMR Client and then try to play the turn for that game first? I've tested downloading that save file from the website and it seems to work fine.

Just got it to work by doing that, yeah. Thanks!

When I initially had the problem, it was a fresh start of the client. The game refused to download, so I did the other games and came back to it. Still didn't work, so I gave up and posted here.

Btw, I got kicked from game 3 out of my 2 game limit, which got me off my lazy ass (to get back into it) to finally support you guys for your wonderful app. Thanks so much! :)

Hi Mel, may I please ask for help replacing the England player with
vra379971
in this game pls? as the England player is set on vacation for a while and only skipped once when playing. Very hard to replace manually as other players may get kicked accidently. Thank you.
http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#1697

Hi Mel, may I please ask for help replacing the England player with
vra379971
in this game pls? as the England player is set on vacation for a while and only skipped once when playing. Very hard to replace manually as other players may get kicked accidently. Thank you.
http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#1697

I made the replacement for you. I really need to just implement a method for game hosts to kick players already. It's a little complicated to do, but would make GMR games much easier to manage! :)

I made the replacement for you. I really need to just implement a method for game hosts to kick players already. It's a little complicated to do, but would make GMR games much easier to manage! :)

Current implementation is fine, it would be nice if 3-5 vacations in a row counts as 1 skip, then it will.solve the problem. If only the player skipped twice, I can do it easily.
Thank you very much!:)

Sorry for the late response Zubrin! Are you still having trouble with this game? It looks like the turns in it have been progressing since you posted here.

Yup, we just kept reverting until we got to a good state. All is well now.

I am reported to have skipped twice in Smote's new GMR game, recently, and I haven't even got the turn.

If EEE_ boy is fixing it, well ok I hope so, otherwise I have these 2 black marks.

I am reported to have skipped twice in Smote's new GMR game, recently, and I haven't even got the turn.

If EEE_ boy is fixing it, well ok I hope so, otherwise I have these 2 black marks.

I think I've reverted. maybe i need to revert more.

Edit: just checked, the turn is still on you. and no record of skipping. Maybe you didnt update you GMR client app? there several updates recently.

I think I've reverted. maybe i need to revert more.

Edit: just checked, the turn is still on you. and no record of skipping. Maybe you didnt update you GMR client app? there several updates recently.

That worked, GMR client updated. Thanks.

it's happened again. notification that I've skipped, when I didn't get the turn. in smote's game.

Hi, are there new graphic BNW civ icons ready? if yes, when will they be updated? Cheers

The new update borked something. I'm unable to play any of my turns. G&K games immediately end my turn and ask for a password for the next player. Vanilla games load up okay, but when I end my turn they just sit their as if waiting for other live players to finish their turns.

Is it just me?

Nope, you're not alone.
Either the game refuses to let me enter my turn and skips to next player login screen, or (after reverting file and rebooting PC) refuses to let me end that very turn, pressing "end turn" button having no effect (and therefore I cannot pass along the game any more).

Hey guys, sorry about the problems. After some testing, we've determined that these new bugs are for all hotseat games, not just GMR ones. As far as I can tell, it seems that pre-patch save files like to skip players when you click continue post-patch. Plus, since it skipped some people, it wont let you end your turn because other players haven't.

We're trying to notify Firaxis of the problems. Hopefully we can get this straightened out quick. In the meantime, we've disabled the turn timer. Once this issue is fixed, we'll reset all turn start times and turn it back on.

Top Bottom