• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Wanted function

Rmi

Warlord
Hi, I keep having trouble with catching criminals. I have a fine city with crime rate -1000 yet some nasty criminals from recently dislodged neighbour flood over to my city. I have a police force and dogs ready. So i see them and after a few turns i had every one of them wanted. I could arrest 1 or 2 but the others i just never get that wanted button for. I keep looking every turn wether the option is there but it's not. I DO NOT have hide & seek enabled and i have higher lvl cops and well sniffing dogs present. Is it bugged?

Also, i'm playing on Noble and the AI simply cannot handle crime. He just rolls over with his good cities going from 15 back to 3 with crime rates over a 1000. I had to turn revolutions of because they couldn't get past 3 cities before utterly collapsing. What can i do to get the AI surviving without hurting myself in the process?

Can i 'want' and arrest criminals in buddy cities with my cops and dogs?

In theory yes. You can arrest criminals on other players cities. You even can arrest your own criminals.
Pss... as far as I know that's a good way of getting slaves without going to war.

Hi, I keep having trouble with catching criminals. I have a fine city with crime rate -1000 yet some nasty criminals from recently dislodged neighbour flood over to my city. I have a police force and dogs ready. So i see them and after a few turns i had every one of them wanted. I could arrest 1 or 2 but the others i just never get that wanted button for. I keep looking every turn wether the option is there but it's not. I DO NOT have hide & seek enabled and i have higher lvl cops and well sniffing dogs present. Is it bugged?

Also, i'm playing on Noble and the AI simply cannot handle crime. He just rolls over with his good cities going from 15 back to 3 with crime rates over a 1000. I had to turn revolutions of because they couldn't get past 3 cities before utterly collapsing. What can i do to get the AI surviving without hurting myself in the process?

Can i 'want' and arrest criminals in buddy cities with my cops and dogs?
1) Sounds like you are playing with the errors and deficiencies of stock v37. You should update as soon as possible to the latest SVN version. The AI has become a bit better at handling crime since then.

2) I'm not sure why you'd have an available LE unit (which has not made an arrest or attack this turn) unable to get the arrest button showing when there is clearly a local criminal visible and wanted. I haven't seen this and it could be a bug - or your LE units may have already acted that turn? LE units must also be ungrouped to arrest.

Ungrouped. That muct be it! Allright I'll go and find out how SVN works. Can i maybe get a link for a download?

Thx. Also this mod is amazing. It's what i have dreamed off since playing civ1 when i was 8 years old. Just found it this month after dusting of civ4 again.

Top Bottom