Wanting to transition

Wow, bad news GK. I've had similar issues with mail order computers (Dell), so I typically only buy retail. It cramps my customization options, though. I'm assuming you tricked your out?

I'm fortunate in having an Apple store across town. Best Buy doesn't stock Apple in my neighborhood and CompUSA is in a slum.

All-in-all the Apple Store was very pleasant. Plus, my wife's a teacher so I got $100 off the machine, a free iPod nano, and a free crappy HP printer.

Yeah, so Apple hardware is overpriced, but so is organic produce. But I feel better buying both.

RT,

Yeah, I customized my Intel iMac to the max ... 2G RAM, 256MB VRAM, iWork, 250GB HD. What's darkly amusing is that, less than 24 hours after making my previous post, I received an e-mail from Apple stating that my computer has shipped, with a delivery date of July 18 or July 19.

Oddly enough, Aspyr posted a beta patch for Civ IV at roughly the same time. Are these developments somehow connected? I don't know, but I've got a call in to FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully just to be safe.

Gatekeeper ;)

Top Bottom