War Against a Same Ideology Civ

Bliss

Warlord
Hello, gentlemen.

Resuming, I'm trying to achieve my first Deity Victory and the settings are: Standard size, continents, as Bismarck.

By the beginning of the game I opened with liberty and proceeded to build 5 cities besides my capital. Was lucky to have easy neighbors (Assyria almost declared war on me but I could bribe them like one turn before lol.)

After this soft start I managed to optimize my infraestruture. Finished liberty and started to focus on patronage policy, as well production and gold buildings. Got Hanse and abused the production bonus from city-states (35% bonus hammers). Meanwhile, Ethiopia was hitting 2k score emanating thousands of tourism while I had only 900 points, but all the city-states on my pocket. We both adopted autocracy and everything was going fine until I decided to beeline the panzers and declare war on my fresh new neighbor (Haile Selassie). You know, right? The will to kick a despot's ass.

Then, BAM! Suddenly my hapiness fell from 16 to -14. Got - combat strength because of the unhapiness and now I'm regretting the stupid decision.

What is the thing about this? Did the game treat me like I have a different ideology from him? How does this work exactly?

Also, do you have any tips about the strategies I could use in these final moments?

Enviado de meu ST25a usando o Tapatalk 2

there are multiple possible causes:
unhappiness from conquering enemy cities (happiness buildings don't work until the unrest is over).
other civ that take order or freedom have more tourism influence on you.
Mercantile CS friends becoming enemies.
luxury trades ended because of the war.

I'd add:

Instantly annexing a city instead of puppeting while waiting to come out of resistance and annexing later. (It's order that has the tenet that requires instantly annexing to get a free court house; Autocracy's production bonus works on initially puppeted cities.)

Annexing or puppeting multiple cities that were so poor sites that they should have been razed to begin with. (Note that in this case having influence over him works against you since the population reduction upon capturing is reduced)

And for late game, a pre war happiness is 16 is on the low side as many cities are bigger than that.

Autocracy ideology has the best world wonder source for happiness in the game. Build that.
Also, there are several tenents within Autorcracy that also boost happiness for building certain buildings. Choose those tenets and build those buildings.

Don't worry about it.. If you wish to continue, you could always make a revolution to adopt the ideology that makes your people happy and sets their mood back to content..

In this case I'd never annex nor raze but sell. Sell(or gift) to a civ with a different ideology and hopefully that civ will revolt. Best done en mass as the receiving civ will most certainly raze. With Ethiopia having such high tourism I'm sure he is influencing a few civs.

Top Bottom