Warlords 2.13 patch problem

ihatepatches

Chieftain
I have installed the warlords 2.13 patch and now the game wont boot, it goes through the loader innit sequence then crashes back to windows with a window saying Sid Meier's Civilization 4 : Warlords has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. No specific error is given.

I have updated my ATI drivers to latest, i have updated my directX dll's and tryed the manual work arounds suggested on this forum,tryed the patch manually and from updater, i have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times with each work around attempt to make sure, nothing works. The game works fine on a fresh install and Civ4 works fine in vanilla.

Please help, any suggestions im willing to try.
:D

After going slightly crazy with so many reinstalls and failures i have rolled back to 2.08 patch and the game runs again. Are there many bugs in this patch? And if anyone has ideas or needs more info on my 2.13 problem i'd really still like to get it resolved. Thanks

Faulting application civ4warlords.exe, version 2.1.3.0, faulting module civ4warlords.exe, version 2.1.3.0, fault address 0x00609c1a.

my civ IV vanilla is on max patch 1.74 and running fine, my directX is on latest addition and i have tryed all the direct downloads and manual file drops into system and game folders just in case, with a reinstall each time. My Gfx is on latest driver but i have tryed rolling back too.

The game in warlords is working fine atm, it just bugs that i cant run latest patch and i cant figure out why.

<desperation> Did you install the patch with admin rights?

Could someone please help me!

I have played Civ 4 Warlords on my laptop before (without updating) and recently uninstalled it (along with a few other games) to free up some space on my hard drive.

I decided to re-install it today as I have been struck down with 'man flu' and am bed ridden.
After installing Civ4 then Warlords I decided to update to the latest version (2.13).

All this happened fine apart from a slight hitch: After the update had finished downloading I was informed the game would quit to install the update. The game quit but the update didn't start. After about 10 minutes I typed 'patch' into the start menu search bar and found 'patch_213'. I double clicked and the update installed fine.

When I click the Civilization Warlords shortcut it says that it is a useless shortcut and would I like to delete it.

When I click the icon in the start menu it says 'Windows is searching for Civ4Warlords.exe' and asks me if I want to browse for it. If I choose this option I can't find it. Ive tried searching for it and the computer cant find it. As far as I can tell the file is not on my laptop. Ive tried clicking play from the autorun menu and nothing happens at all.

How can I get the game to work?

I have a HP Compaq 6720s running on Vista if that helps.

Please help, I have been searching the net for the past 4 hours looking for a solution and have found nothing. Am I the only person in the world that has this problem? Or is it a really simple thing to solve and im just being a noob?

I am sick after all and my brain isnt working properly. Please reply soon as I desperatly NEED Civ4 to aid my recovery.

Many Thanks.

The standard path where you should look at should be C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization4\Warlords, there normally all the files should be located.
Please confirm, that everything is still there and that not only the shortcut is not working.

OK so in that folder I find:

6 folders: Assets, CvGameCoreDLL, Mods, PublicMaps, Resource, Shaders

Civ4Warlords_PitBoss

Civ4Warlords.mcl

12 various .dll files

and a 'Read Me' file

I cant find any way to start the game in here :(

I have been looking around and it seems alot of people have had problems with 2.13 and have reverted back to 2.08. I tried to do this but it says I need to delete 2.13 first. How would I do this? Im starting to think maybe I should forget updating and just reinstall the game but this seems silly, surely I should be able to run Warlords 2.13 just like everyone else!

SOLVED!!!

I uninstalled Warlords unchecking the 'uninstall downloaded patches' check box, reinstalled and then ran the patch again and all seems to be working fine.

I think im well enough to go back to work tomorrow so ive missed out on a couple days of hardcore civing but i guess health is the most important thing...

Top Bottom