Warlords & ATI Crossfire setup causing system crash?

treinacles

Chieftain
I'm attempting to diagnose a reoccurring crash of Warlords and my system. I'm thinking it's my ATI Crossfire setup. It has happened on multiple occasions and usually in the later stages of the game. My system basically locks up and a screeching sound comes from the speakers, and then the system reboots. I'm stumped and about to FDISK.

Has anyone heard of or experienced Crossfire setups crashing Warlords and the computer?

System setup:
AMD FX-55
2 gigs Corsair DDR 400
2 x ATI X850xt in crossfire mode
Windows XP SP2

I have crossfire, and warlords runs fine. Does the problem go away if you disable crossfire in the catalyst control center? Does every thing work fine with vanilla Civ4?

There's a lot of strange things with crossfire, it's not always very stable. Sometimes an updated driver will help, but sometimes the problem is the motherboard.

just rebuilt my system with an abit32x crossfire board...seems to have helped the crashes. Now, after playing for about an hour, the video will go black for about a second and then return to normal. This happens only while playing Civ4, and occurs randomly.

Any ideas???

Top Bottom