Votes: 77 59.2%
  • Should be converted to Beyound the Swords with Phase Three

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Make both versions even when the version for BTS would have better options

Votes: 21 16.2%

• Total voters

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
I know it's a little bit to early to talk about this, but the new expansion seems to have what i needed for mod (i hope they'll put paratroopers).

So i would continue work on warlords - probably the phase two would be finished both on warlords and beyound the swords (i'm not sure if all the things could be implemented to warlords version). but further development - phase three - would be on beyound the swords only - that's my opinion what do you think?

I'll say stick with warlords, after the mod is ready for warlords completely then convert it to beyond the swords and add some cool stuff in. :p

Edit: Now that i have thinked this trought, well i'll buy the new expansionpack of course so it wont really matter too much for me if its in warlords or beyond the swords. But if im thinking from gameplay and fun side, it could be better with all the new features so..... maybe the phase 3 option is good..

Maybe for now both is this Beyond the Swords a new civ 4 or is it 5 I did not find much on the net about it

check first page of fanatics - it's new expansion that will appear in july 2007 - it seems it will be focuse on modern times and have couple of useful things

then Beyond the Swords I will get it. It looks good and warlords was a lot better then vanilla so it can only be better

since you're working on phase 2 right now, i'd have phase 2 for warlords and an update/patch if possable to BtS later. then with phase 3 make it for BtS

What about the reported WW2 mod in BtS, that won't scare you off converting will it?

I think i'll borrow some grpahics from BtS in Phase Two - so the major update (to phase 2 or just 1.5 would be late summer - after releasing bts

I start to think that better idea would be to make it on BTS earlier than on on Warlords 2.13
@ Dale - nope :) a little bit competition is always good thing :)

What about the reported WW2 mod in BtS, that won't scare you off converting will it?

That wasn't very good though..

I start to think that better idea would be to make it on BTS earlier than on on Warlords 2.13
@ Dale - nope :) a little bit competition is always good thing :)

Great idea asioasioasio! I hope I never have to play warlords again (same with most people I think) so a conversion to BtS is needed :)

Conversion comes very slolwly, i encountered some problems with sounds, but it shouldn't be tough to eliminate :)

That wasn't very good though..

Ouch! Did you try with the add-on? Or just the release versions (which you're right, wasn't that good).

Conversion comes very slolwly, i encountered some problems with sounds, but it shouldn't be tough to eliminate :)

That could be difficult I think (the sound xml files look complicated.. to me anyway). The sound effects you guys found were great though so they have to go in the BTS version.

Ouch! Did you try with the add-on? Or just the release versions (which you're right, wasn't that good).

Just the release version

yup it's difficult - the sound should be ok - nothing weird in .xml
i think i'll make it once again - sometimes it helps :)

Info about update - summary - 1939 v. 1.73a for BTS 3.13 - working without bug, but still unplayable

Civilization and Leaders
- finished graphics
- finished code framework
- finished civilopedia
- 50% of diplomacy texts
- 40% of leaders and civilizations configuration (adding UU for each nation, initials and favoured civics, adjusting flavours)

Units
- Plan and Code framework for fighters, bombers and noncombat units finished
- Planning of infantry, tanks, tank destroyers and self propelled guns (40%)
- Civilopedia texts - 50% done
- new units graphics (still missing many, but many are done)
- Configuration of units (0%)

When the planning would be finally finished i'll upload excel file with data.

Civics
- 90% done (needs changes in SDK fo military civics

Promotions
- 100% done (no new promotions)

City Improvments
- XML 60% finished
- need adding of Mexico's SDK code
- removed two types of mines
- added new improvments - minefield,
- defence improvments: entaglements -> trenches -> trench bunker -> pillbox -> bunker system.
- new production improvments: workshops -> indusrtial facility -> industrial complex
- missing graphics for trench bunker and bunker system

Building
- 90% of code framework
- planning finished
- needs changes to some high poly models (20% replaced)

Events
0%

Scenarios
0% - tough convertion from Warlords shouldn't be to tough

Custom GUI - 20%

Top Bottom