• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Warlords: Workers have airlift in 4000 BC and other bugs

johnny5000

Chieftain
I got Warlords yesterday, started out on a clean install of Civ IV, then installed Warlords, then installed the 2.08 patch. My default program files drive (where vanilla and Warlords is installed) is E: and my program files directory is on F:, if that makes a difference.

Right off the bat I noticed some errors on the menu:
TXT_KEY_MAIN_MENU_CUSTOM_SCENERIO and stuff like that showing up.

On some of the diplomatic communications within the game, I got similar problems... instead of offering clams for ivory, it said something like TRADE_ITEM being offered for TRADE_ITEM (that wasn't exactly it, sorry, I'm writing this from memory.)

I built a few workers early in the game and they don't have the build-road-to button... but they have an airlift button that doesn't appear to actually work. Keep in mind this is a few thousand years before anyone has the idea of airlifting anything ;)

So after working through all of these problems, I build the pyramids, and when I go to the civics menu, there's no button for change civics or revolution or whatever they call it.... so I can't change civics.

Then I turned the game off and was irritated at wasting my money on this. :mad:

Anyone have any solutions?

Well, my two cents is just to reinstall man. I don't have Warlords so sorry.

Something mix up. It is clearly your instalation problem. Clean up vanilla custom assets, as vanilla mods do not work in Warlords.

Something mix up. It is clearly your instalation problem. Clean up vanilla custom assets, as vanilla mods do not work in Warlords.

I haven't used any mods... I'm going to try to uninstall everything tonight, and put together a clean installation of everything and see how that turns out.

Anything in CustomAssets subdirectories? (either Warlords or the root Vanilla)

An update on this problem- I found the cause: an old install of Civ 4 hidden away on one of my drives. I deleted it, uninstalled my existing Civ 4 and Warlords, and reinstalled everything and so far it seems to be working perfectly.

Top Bottom