Wars of the Mediterranean for c3c

So you, like,

• Total voters
Well, I finally DID IT! I finished a game with this scenario, playing as the Macedonians is took me only(?) 86+ hours playing time! I'll send comments later. For now: I got 200253 VPs, the last date was 293 BC and the Persians had only two small towns left.

jimmygeo

Mod is great, however I face with problem. After year 300 it shows that file "art/units/rebel/....warrior/warriorAttackA.amb" missing.
How to fix it? (I play as Athens)

jimmygeo said:
... I'll send comments later. For now: I got 200253 VPs, the last date was 293 BC and the Persians had only two small towns left.
As promised, here are at least some of my observations after playing 200 turns of (and winning) as Macedonia in a slightly modified form of version 1.22.

Frist, the changes I made. Added a section of road east of Abderea. Allowed Argyraspists and Hypaspists to enslave since historically Macedonia recurited much of their troops from conquered Balkan tribes and others, especially under Philip II, Alexander's father. Changed the linked alliances to Athens, Lacedemon & Ionia vs Persia & Phoenicia, and Rome vs. Carthage, as this is closer to the historical allignment for most of the period.

Now my comments and observations.
The time between turns is quite long, especially after ca. turn 100. I regularly went out and did something else for the ten or fifteen minutes it took. (Sometimes I stayed away longer, hence why it took me 86+ hours to win!). I doubt that anything can be done about this.:(

My VP win came too soon (293 BC/turn 200). VP level should probably be raised to 250 or 300K.

Hannon's Voyage should probably be made obsolete later (say, by Astrolab?) since by the time it's built 'Rostrum' will already be acquired.

The cost of city improvements, esp. temples and libraries, should be reduced ca. 10-20% since in new or conquered towns it takes a huge amount of time to build anything.

The Persians can build way too many immortals. As well as the pop. cost, the shield cost should be raised (60 is much too low).

The Romans still seem to be too powerful. To slow them down in the early game, the Early Rep. government should have forced rather than paid labor. Historically, Rome was not a threat to the major Hellenistic powers untill after the Second Punic War. To balance this, you could give Rome back some of the Legions they had in earlier versions. This would give them a fighting chance without becoming an early Italian 'steamroller'.

(I started another game using v. 1.23 and this seems better.)

jimmygeo

Thnx Pink, I'll pm thunderfall asap. I've been playing RFRE, btw and it's made me addicted. It's the greatest challenge for a non deity player. I think the Romans are a bit too poor. I'll write in your thread about this too.

So probably the truth is somewhere in the middle between Meditera and RFRE. I tried to make the A.I. Rome be as good as a human one but that is impossible, of course. Rome is still to strong in my opinion. They did win however so this shouldn't be such a big deal ;).

I think I'll put the VP's to 450k just to make sure. VP is a lame way of winning. When I'll see a need for a new patch, that will be the frst change Jimmy. No can do on the costs for culture generating bldgs. Play either religious or scientific to have half the cost of Temple or Library. Well a new idea comes to mind as I might make a whole new way of creating Immortals, Praetorians and Sacred Bands as they should only be generated by a certain wonder not built. That's only a project yet. Rome's Legions might require pop too from now on but i'm not sure how the A.I. wil handle it.

That rebel isue is correct. I made a new rebel.ini file which should override the older one. But you have to copy all the sounds (including the ambs) from the warrior unit of c3c. Could somebody tell me why some units can use the ini to make refrence to sounds from the parent folder while others can't? I can't seem to make the game see the warrior sounds to use with the rebel unit so I decided to make another ini and just copy the sounds from the warrior manually. If any of you know exactly what's wrong with the entry ../warrior/WarriorAttackA.amb please tell me. If you could post a correct ini for the rebel that might also help. Thnx.

About the vp limit, yes, i have played all my games with 400k vp limit.

And agree with you about RFRE, i have played it a lot too, its great, but its only about Rome, yours have a lot of different possibilities.

Do you think you could make a mp version of your mod?

As long as you make a link to a vanilla or conquests unit, a ..\Knight\KnightRun.amb link should do it. Note the slash orientation is "\" not "/". I haven't been able to play this scenario yet, as it seems I downloaded half of it only, although without any error message (didn't get any unit beyond the letter M).

Guess I was typing ..warrior\WarriorAttackA.amb instead of ..\warrior... :rolleyes:. Thnx, Pink. I tried to access 3ddownloads but the upload your files link, http://uploads.3ddownloads.com/, doesn't seem to work. Do I need a password or something?

Just download the patch again, Neznan, I've updated the rebel.ini and should work fine now. I've also checked the 3 zips on filefactory and I don't know why the http download link is gone :cry:. When it worked it had a download rate of 100 kbps for me. Sorry. There are still the 2 others (p2p and ftp) but they don't work even for me. I'm sorry for those who can't take it.

You really better contact TF for the hosting @ 3DDownloads, he has an account there and will do it for you once you have uploaded the file at CFC via FTP. If you have PMed him already, just wait, he might be busy.

pinktilapia said:
You really better contact TF for the hosting @ 3DDownloads, he has an account there and will do it for you once you have uploaded the file at CFC via FTP. If you have PMed him already, just wait, he might be busy.

Good news everybody! Thunderfall agreed to host Meditera on his account on 3ddownloads.com. Hope this one goes better for all of you. I won't remove these zips however till I'll get the new links at 3ddownloads and try to see if they work. But I did write this to tell all of you to rest asure as there'll be a way for you to get the mod after all!

As usual I couldn't help make some minor adjustments here and there so:
_vp limit is now 450k,
_there are 2 scn's, one for Rome, one for nonRome civs (basically human legions for Rome cost 1 pop whereas A.I. Rome builds legions without pop loss)
_the Immortal unit costs 70 shields and a huge 4 pop!

I'll let you know when I get the dl links :goodjob: .

At last it's here! New download link to a whole 164mb file hosted by 3ddownloads. Hope this one works for everybody. You can find it here:

Meditera.zip.

Unless someone prefers the 3 other zips at filefactory I might delete them one day.

Hello
i want to play this mod really bad but i wanted to change the time it requires to achieve tech advances; unfortunately i am clueless about how to use the civ editor and would appreciate a brief tutorial; nothing in depth; when i am in civ editor i do not know how to get it to the point where i want to edit the scenario files; when i Open the folder I just see Art, Text and Sound Files; I want to be able to edit the innerworkings of the scenarios to wrinkle out small details that i prefer to have changed; Any suggestions?
sincerely
slophantom (halo2)

Top Bottom