Washington... its called the tutorials, you should take them.

AI England often fails. Even on water maps. It's an astounding thing, too, because human players can do incredible things with Longbows, and can make England succeed with just that by itself. Let alone if the map is Tiny Islands or whatever.

At least that's my experience. I think the big problem is that the AI isn't too smart about using ranged units that can attack from more than 2 tiles aways. That, and they don't know how to switch from building peacefully to rushing a UU as soon as the UU becomes viable. Imagine if France actually understood the power the Musketeer has and started sending it in large numbers with trebuchets, rather than sending a couple of them with pikes, longswords, and other stuff that's almost not even necessary at that point. Same thing with Longbows. AI's prioritize production of the UU somewhat (Babylon always has a lot of gatlings by the time I meet them, same as China, which both have earlier ranged UU's that they tend to upgrade and keep), but not nearly enough in most cases.

I remember a game where She didn't pump out a single settler but she decided to grab some ships of the line and tried to invade me and my huge military. So I got some Gatling guns and got some free promotions. Moral of the story is don't invade someone who is bigger than you especially if you have one city and a laughable at best navy (even if its Lizzy and her little ships of the line.

I remember a game where She didn't pump out a single settler but she decided to grab some ships of the line and tried to invade me and my huge military. So I got some Gatling guns and got some free promotions. Moral of the story is don't invade someone who is bigger than you especially if you have one city and a laughable at best navy (even if its Lizzy and her little ships of the line.

Well, there was this one game which I took over all but one cities of Napoleon. Many, many turns later, I was in modern era and he was still in renaissance... then he dowed me.

I had maybe 5 artilleries and 3 GW infantry (not much of an army, I know). He had like 30 pikes + muskets.

Well, there was this one game which I took over all but one cities of Napoleon. Many, many turns later, I was in modern era and he was still in renaissance... then he dowed me.

I had maybe 5 artilleries and 3 GW infantry (not much of an army, I know). He had like 30 pikes + muskets.

He'd could take one of your cities but he'd lose half your army in the process.

He'd could take one of your cities but he'd lose half your army in the process.

IIRC, my army was entirely out of position. However, I had one rifle (no money to upgrade) parked in Paris so I stalled him a little bit while my GW bomber was finishing ^_^.

I didn't think he would be able to retake Paris; I was worried that he might pillage my tiles... but he didn't (I guess because he thought he had the upper hand).

I have some screenshots somewhere. Can't find them right now.

Also has Monty actually been a threat other than an annoyance.

Also has Monty actually been a threat other than an annoyance.

why not you ask him

Spoiler :

good friend in that btw. Helped stave off the Ottoman colonization of Mesopotamia when he got paid off good

Aztecs definitely tend to start strong, but they fade faster than anyone, even the Huns, in my experience. .
I've had games where the Aztecs had an isolated start (miles from anyone) and just ICSed their across the map and through the arabs, byzantines, russians, and maya.

If you want a civ that nearly always does poorly, that'd be Kamehameha. It's kind of sad, because I like the civ, but Polynesia has only ever done well one time in all of my games.
Does anybody have any ideas about why Kamehameha's flavors make him so weak?

I disagree. In most of my games where I have Kame, he manages to effectively Settler-spam and Wonder-spam. These activites by themselves are extremely annoying. Together, the temptation to kill Kame with IGE becomes great.

Top Bottom