We demand emancipation

sabo

My Ancestors were Vikings
I thought I'd bring this up because I don't think I've ever seen this question here at CFC. Shouldn't you only suffer this (we demand emancipation) if you are in slavery? I mean even if you had Tribalism as your labor civic, why would your people demand emancipation if you were so backwards technology wise you shouldn't know anything about emancipation?

Back in the day when civilizations used slavery regularly, they got their slaves mostly from military conquests, and everyone just thought "that's just the way it is". They knew nothing about emancipation. Is there a way I can edit this so I only suffer this when in slavery?

You`re partially correct; your citizens remain ignorant about emancipation until another civ converts to the civic--setting an example and lighting a beacon for the rest of the world, as it were.

It the real-world versions of the other civics (Tribalism, Slavery, Serfdom, Caste System), citizens were generally allocated to specific roles based upon, for the most part, who your parents were. If your dad was the tribal chief, well, good on you; it was likely you`d become the tribal chief in time. But if you were born a serf, or an untouchable, etc., well, that was your lot. Or at least you thought so until other nations began to emancipate citizens and more or less say ``you can be anything you want`` (provided you have enough money...).

Top Bottom