We ought to close this forum

warpstorm

Yumbo? Yumbo!
It's just plain too late. At this stage of the development (heck, months ago), Firaxis no doubt will only consider changes that are very minor modifications of what they are implementing already. If they aren't in the tweak and polish phase by now, they will have little chance of making their deadline.

very true, I conquer

Keep the forum, just change the name to:

Civ 4 - Hopeless Dreams & Fantasies

..and what about expansions? I think keeping this forum alive is still worth it.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing this point of view but that's a personal issue which, except in this case, I will keep to myself.

The forum should stay open for both the purposes of expansions and for future patches. Furthermore, I would like to point out that regardless of the possibility of changes or additions being made it is important to continue with feedback for the developers in order to insure our (the fan's/buyers) opinions/gripes/ideas are not forgotten.

Texan General said:
Furthermore, I would like to point out that regardless of the possibility of changes or additions being made it is important to continue with feedback for the developers in order to insure our (the fan's/buyers) opinions/gripes/ideas are not forgotten.

Why this forum though? Firaxis has a direct line on their site for exactly this reason (and I've gotten replies every time I used it).

I guess so ideas can be discussed my many, instead of suggestions just by on person. That way, developers can assess the popularity of ideas, as well as additional suggetions/refinements...

c3p_main said:
very true, I conquer

You conquer what? The Vikings?

Civ is getting to your head...

Che Guava said:
I guess so ideas can be discussed my many, instead of suggestions just by on person. That way, developers can assess the popularity of ideas, as well as additional suggetions/refinements...

That is one reason but I would also like to add that it is precisely because this ISN'T thier site that makes this important. It is both the mindset and the attittude of this forum that makes it so important to feedback. This isn't fans talking to developers, this is fans talking to fans, a crucial difference which allows the developers to hear unedited versions of what the fans both individually and collectively think.

Okay, maybe we ought to MOVE and RENAME this forum to something more relevant now that it's influence on Civ4 will be increasingly slim as time goes on. For example, Civ5 ideas and suggestions.

Top Bottom