Wednesday

Is Wednesday a weird word that scares you?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • No!

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • You are weird and scare me!

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • I don't post in lowly topics like this, I'm just attracted to the poll...

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
I think I should be afraid of you ppl here :cry:

Originally posted by Dralix

What about ask vs aks? :eek:

That is either a misspelling or stupidity running rampant. :D More 'n likely the latter.

Originally posted by floppa21

That is either a misspelling or stupidity running rampant. :D More 'n likely the latter.

Stupidity running far too rampant, imo.

It has run into Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: ask
Pronunciation: 'ask, '[a']sk; dial 'aks
Function: verb

http://www.m-w.com

I know that this has been mentioned on these forums before but I just have to say that I can't understand why people here boast about playing civ on Diety level! Is this where you only need 1 food for each citizen?
Similarly, I went to the doctors' surgery yesterday and there was a note on the desk to remind the nurse what she had to do each day with the first entry proudly displayed as "Dairy entries". Did she have to go and collect the milk every morning? :crazyeye:

Don't get me started on things advertised as "cabbage's - 54p each"!

Originally posted by duke o' york
I know that this has been mentioned on these forums before but I just have to say that I can't understand why people here boast about playing civ on Diety level! Is this where you only need 1 food for each citizen?
Similarly, I went to the doctors' surgery yesterday and there was a note on the desk to remind the nurse what she had to do each day with the first entry proudly displayed as "Dairy entries". Did she have to go and collect the milk every morning? :crazyeye:

uhm... pizza?

Originally posted by duke o' york

I don't want to get you started, but you've got me started. I think the whole "apostrophe to plurals" thing started with acronyms. People for some reason would say, 1 PC, 2 PC's (buckle my shoe PC's?). This was never correct, but didn't look as bad as your cabbage's example. Now, people add an apostrophe to pluralize everything. I especially like it when the senior management does it. Sure does make me trust their opinions and decisions more. :rolleyes:

Apostrophe's are such bother's, its so confusing because I never know when an apostrophe has it's way 'so I've ju'st decided to put an apo'strophe in front every 's, where they may 'show up.

I pronounce it "Wed-nes-day" I am the boss in my several environments, so I can do that.

Originally posted by Gastric ReFlux
Apostrophe's are such bother's, its so confusing because I never know when an apostrophe has it's way 'so I've ju'st decided to put an apo'strophe in front every 's, where they may 'show up.

You missed a few ;)

in norwegian many of the days are from norse gods

onsdag(wednesday)=odins dag(odins day)
torsdag(thursday)=tors dag(thors day)
fredag(friday)=frøys dag(frøys day)

Top Bottom