Weird experience Assyrië

RohirrimElf

Emperor
During my marathon game i was somehow expecting Assyrië to attack me as they diddnt expand. While i had 4 cities at some point. Playing on emperior. I neglected my military and did not scout at all what was going on. Instead i just blindly builded up my economy.

On about turn 450 i had builded my economy to a point that i could develop my military and capture some ground to expand. When i captured the Assyrian capital with my 5 berserker units and 2 catapults as the vikings. Assyrië only build 1 building. I beleave it was a watermill. It just felt so weird. As if he did not even try to compete.

Are there more AI civiliztions i should try not to start a game with? Besides Assyrië?

Every building has a 2/3 chance of being destroyed upon city capture. Usually there will be more than 1 building upon capturing a capital though. You must have been very unlucky. World wonders will always be kept and National Wonders will always be destroyed.
The exception to the "2/3 rule" is defensive buildings and unique buildings, they will always be destroyed.

Iamteehee ,

Thanx. Are there more civilizations that i should avoid starting a game with?

Iamteehee ,

Thanx. Are there more civilizations that i should avoid starting a game with?

He`s not telling you to avoid them, just what happens when a city of ANY Civ gets captured. Assyria may have had a lot of buildings, but they were destroyed when you took it.

Top Bottom