Welcome Mac users!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
As you all know, the Mac version of Civ3 is coming out sometime this month during the Mac Expo in Los Angeles. You can discuss anything related to Mac Civ3 here.

That's one more forum for Hippo (a Mac user!) and Lefty to moderate... ;)

Thunder: Thanx for this new forum category.

Cuno: Where can I get that cracked executable, in case I want to buy the PC version to get the editor? Doubtful, since I understand your memory issue with VPC.

Also: do you think when the Mac version appears, there will be availability of a cracked copy? I hate to have to use the CD, it's annoying.

if its like other mac games you won't need the cd after a full install.
Bradman said that game saves should be compatible.Graphic mods probably won't until they are changed to mac freindly formats....unless....

Originally posted by Cunobelin Of Hippo

Great, thanks :rolleyes: ;) How about adding 'And windoze bashing' to the forum title? :D
Oh great, they give anyone with any operating system the ability to play Civ3 now! What is the world coming to? Next thing it will spread from Macintrash to Loosernix. :D ;)

Really though, glad you Mac users can join in on the fun.

Thanks for the Mac forum. It'll be fun to compare bugs with the PC users (MY version sucks worse than yours, nyahh, nyahh, nyahh!). :D

All Hail to Civ3 Mac :king: users !

Great to see a Mac Civ 3 forum on here... and the news that it's now shipping for Mac :)

Anyone in the UK seen/heard of copies to buy out here ?

I've hardly been on CivFanatics recently, but now I have a reason to get back in here. I'd been reduced to playing AOE (yikes!), as Civ 2, for all the hundreds of hours of fun it's given me, feels rather clonky in comparison to what I've seen/read about Civ3 - let's hope it's as much fun.

Here's to burning the midnight oil & waking up late for work for the next 3 months ! :crazyeyes

Hello fellow Mac users!!!

I've been waiting for just such a forum to join in all the discussions. Now that we will be getting our own copy (far superior of course...;) ) Anyways, I look forward to further discussing with you all the addiction that will be Civ 3 Mac!!!:D :goodjob:

Originally posted by SSK
Also: do you think when the Mac version appears, there will be availability of a cracked copy? I hate to have to use the CD, it's annoying.

Just make a disk image, not a big issue. and if you run OS x you never have to worry about remounting it every day. Just do it once and forget about it for a month. :D:goodjob:

Originally posted by juanvaldes

Just make a disk image, not a big issue. and if you run OS x you never have to worry about remounting it every day. Just do it once and forget about it for a month.

Thanx Juan. I've no clue how to do that. Incidentally, I don't have OS X yet.

Originally posted by SSK

Thanx Juan. I've no clue how to do that. Incidentally, I don't have OS X yet.

sorry...:p
But if you do have the hardware and your not held back by NEEDING Pshop or some hardware drivers X is nice and warm and fuzzy and so nice to use.. :D

Anyway...you can also make Disk images under 9. In utilities I believe is an app called Disk Copy. :king:

The utility is called Disk Copy. Just ask the program to make a disk image of the CD. Then put an alias of this disk image in your start up folder and it SHOULD , mount automaticly in OS 9 every time you start up.

Originally posted by levasseur227
The utility is called Disk Copy. Just ask the program to make a disk image of the CD. Then put an alias of this disk image in your start up folder and it SHOULD , mount automaticly in OS 9 every time you start up.

You can also just mount the disk image by double click it's icon of course ;)

Top Bottom