Welcome to Giant Earth Map (GEM)!

Do you mean GEM 5.0 can actually run on patch 3.17?

No, I don't know if GEM 5.0 runs on BtS 3.17. I did'nt test it because i thought it could lead to problems that do not allow to play the saved MP-Game any longer.

Thanks for your great Mod and Greetz!
SAF

So sad.

I didn't dare to upgrade the patch myself too. At the moment I just want to play own mod/scenarios.

Any chance that you can find the glitch? It seems to get stuck on the graphics ini. I actually only play this map, its awesome, and now I cant....:sad:

Any chance that you can find the glitch? It seems to get stuck on the graphics ini. I actually only play this map, its awesome, and now I cant....:sad:

I am playing the new scenarios and so not really looking at compatibility with the new patch.

Well it said that the patch was compatible with prior saves never occured to me that it would make the patch inoperative

I hope you fix it this is my favorite map and I couldn't wait to start playing 5.0 I am actually considering uninstalling the game. Let me know if you are planning to fix so as to know how to proceed.

I hope you fix it this is my favorite map and I couldn't wait to start playing 5.0 I am actually considering uninstalling the game. Let me know if you are planning to fix so as to know how to proceed.

I think I am now pretty certain that since GEM uses a modified dll, I will need to do something to make GEM compatible with patch 3.1.7. Now, I haven't work on the dll file before so I will wait and see if anyone out there is making it so that we can grab and use.

That would be great. Although I still had errors come up when using patch 313:confused:

It was fine for awhile then about 30 turns into the game it wouldn't let me load it again. I just gave up on it but will retry if it is adjusted for 317.

That would be great. Although I still had errors come up when using patch 313:confused:

It was fine for awhile then about 30 turns into the game it wouldn't let me load it again. I just gave up on it but will retry if it is adjusted for 317.

I haven't done anything on GEM for patch 317, so don't bother trying it. Would your problem be the old 'crash to desktop' problem due to running out of memory?

I haven't done anything on GEM for patch 317, so don't bother trying it. Would your problem be the old 'crash to desktop' problem due to running out of memory?

Nope (an error pop up then the game quit completely), maybe it was due to an error on my part although I am sure I had 313 installed. I'm thinking I may have needed a clean install but I will retry to double check. As of the moment I am playing w/317 so its not a big deal. Ill just hope and try GEM again if its updated.

Thanks for your effort and concern!

There is a solution for the crash to desktop due to "Bad Allocation Memory". I have been using this on your map, and only crashed once as I used the graph settings on Max. After switching it a notch back, no probs ever arose anymore:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178

A said, I hope that the solution is a simple one, your Earth Map really rules!! Would be a waste if its lost to us..

I just found this Mod. It looks like a labor of love to me. Really nice work was put into this and I can't wait to try it out. I unfortunately updated with the new patch, so I will wait a bit to see if you are able to get it upgraded. If not, I may try a clean install and just install up to 3.13 to try this out. Thanks for the hard work and keep it up.

Also (I wasn't sure where to mention this), but on the main page they recently put up a list of downloads from the community. Geomodders Ethnic Cityscapes looks really good. I thought that it would add a lot to your Mod. This is one I would deffiantley recommend cchecking out (also of course the ethnically diverse units mods).

I have now also gone through every thread, and this particular Mod appears (can't say for certain as I havn't tried it yet of course) to be right up their with my other favorite RFC Mod. That is the only other one I really play. Now it seems I might just have two. :)

I successfully got GEM working with 3.17 just by recompiling the 3.17 DLL with 40 players instead of 18 and replacing the DLL that comes with GEM with the new one. Dunno if it causes any weird stuff (I don't know what else the original GEM DLL changes) but I did load a scenario successfully.

I successfully got GEM working with 3.17 just by recompiling the 3.17 DLL with 40 players instead of 18 and replacing the DLL that comes with GEM with the new one. Dunno if it causes any weird stuff (I don't know what else the original GEM DLL changes) but I did load a scenario successfully.

I have not changed any thing in the dll file. What you are doing should work. However, the XML files that I've moded are developed on 3.1.3 and will not reflect the changes implemented in 3.1.7. So what you are doing is basically, updating half of GEM but not all.

Could you send me the modded dll file? I never looked into the source code before and it would save me a lot time if I don't need to figure out where things are in there.

Sorry, I can't post the updated DLL, it's not "clean" - it also includes the changes from my unofficial patch. The only required change is in CvDefines.h, where it says

Code:
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(18)

Changing the number to 40. Your XML files are still from 3.13, but it's not missing too much stuff, actually. 3.17 didn't change *that* much in the XML, the UnitInfos file is the most important one that changed.

Sorry, I can't post the updated DLL, it's not "clean" - it also includes the changes from my unofficial patch. The only required change is in CvDefines.h, where it says

Code:
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(18)

Changing the number to 40. Your XML files are still from 3.13, but it's not missing too much stuff, actually. 3.17 didn't change *that* much in the XML, the UnitInfos file is the most important one that changed.

Tried this immediatly after, but didnt work for me....

Well, I did try this, but strangely enough, there seems to be an error in the SDK supplied with 3.17 (in CvUnitAi.cpp) and it refuses to compile... that's something that I cannot fix, since I do not know enough about the intended behaviour of the line that produces the error (Line 371, the "iI" is undeclared).

Best Regards,
Ace

Top Bottom