Welcome to the ISDG

Cyc

Looking for the door...
I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome everyone on the Democracy-style Team to their new home. This is where it starts. I'll be starting another signup thread in this forum so we can re-align ourselves as a team. Please place your name on the signup sheet below. Once we have our sign up thread we can work up a permission list for the private forum.

If you have a question or a topic that is not game sensitive, ask here or start your own thread.

I thought that this would be the most appropriate place to list this...
Spoiler List of Civilizations Allowed :
Civilizations without Agricultural Trait or Ancient UU
- China (MIL, IND) (Rider --> 4/3/3)
- India (REL, COM) (War Elephant --> 4/3/2) no resources necessary, +1 HP
- Arabia (EXP, REL) (Ansar Warrior --> 4/2/3) -10 shields
- Japan (REL, MIL) (Samurai --> 4/4/2) only iron
- Mongolia (EXP, MIL) (Keshik --> 4/2/2) -10 shields, only horses and mountains and hills are like grassland
- Germany (MIL, SCI) (Panzer --> 16/8/3)
- Ottomans (SCI, IND) (Sipahi --> 8/3/3) +20 shields
- Spain (SEA, REL) (Conquistador --> 3/2/2) 70 shields, all tiles as road, horses
- England (COM, SEA) (Man-o-War --> 4/2/5) enslave, better bombing, +5 shields
- Russia (SCI, EXP) (Cossack --> 6/3/3) blitz, +10 shields
- America (EXP, IND) (F15) better bombing
- Scandinavia (MIL, SEA) (berserk --> 6/2/1) +30 shields, amphibious
- Portugal (EXP, SEA) (Carrack --> 2/2/4) safe on ocean
- France (IND, COM) (Musketeer --> 2/5/1), defensive bombing
- Korea (SCI, COM) (Hwach'a) lethal bombing, only salpeter necessary

My Personal Top 5 of These:
1. Germany :) for the Starting Techs
2. France for the Traits and UU
3. Japan for Traits and UU
4. Scandinavia for UU and Militaristic Trait
5. America for DEMOCRACY and Traits

Russia is also a nice choice.

I really like the cossack with its blitz attack (allthough it's better against AI).

But also they start with Pottery, which would allow for an early granary.

Of Sparthages proposals I like Germany and Japan most. Only problem with Germany is that the UU probably will never appear in the game. :dunno:

Why don't we put this conversation on hold until we get some kind of secure format. I'm going to PM DaveShack and ainwood today and try to get the private forums going. :) (Not sure why I mis-read that the first time.)

Then I will move this conversation.

China and Arabia are interesting - are 3 move knights as good in multi-player as they are in regular?

Nice thing about religious is that we can switch to feudalism easily if we want and pop-rush, which might be very useful in war time.

Scandinavia is a civ that I've always thought would do very well in multi-player game - you can just have 2 or 3 galleys stack together, and they have to keep troops in coastal cities...

Yes, the private forum is here. Just go to your user control panel ("My Account" in the header above), and then go to user groups on the left-hand column to join Civ3 DG - Democracy Team. Your request will be sent to me and if you're a known member, you'll be approved. All spies will be taken out back and shot. ;)

EDIT: For faster access, please post below. :)

EDIT: If you have any trouble getting access, just let me know via PM. Thanks.

EDIT: For members of the Succession Team, when you apply to join the Civ3 DG - Succession Team the request will go to Lanzelot and he will take care of it.

It's actually "Group Memberships" that you want to go to. After that it should work by checking off the above-mentioned box for "Civ 3 DG- Democracy Team"

You're in Sparthage. If you go back one step in the forum Branch, you'll see the forum. From the main forum, you'll see a link that says the same thing.

What's the Succession Team?

Also, Cyc, could you copy the instructions to join the group to the signup thread? I clicked around to three or four different places before I finally found them in here.

What's the Succession Team?
The Knights' Brotherhood is a succession style team. You know, like an SG here at CFC. But basically each team will operate in the same manner. Discussions will ensue and the turn players may switch.

Now, you may judge which team you'd like to be on by their membership.

Also, Cyc, could you copy the instructions to join the group to the signup thread? I clicked around to three or four different places before I finally found them in here.
:) I figured the thread labeled "Welcome might be the first thread someone would look at. Silly me.

For the Lurkers ~ Turn 10

Attachments

• ISDG turn 10.gif
    ISDG turn 10.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 679
For the Lurkers ~

Turn 15, 3250BC

Attachments

• ISDG turn 15 3250bc.gif
    ISDG turn 15 3250bc.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 629
For the Lurkers ~ Turn 21

Attachments

• ISDG turn 21.gif
    ISDG turn 21.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 601
For the Lurkers ~

Turn 27

Attachments

• ISDG 2670BC.gif
    ISDG 2670BC.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 583
Our comeback is complete. Now we just have to maintain our 5 point advantage for another 513 turns... :please:

For the Lurkers ~

Turn 37

Attachments

• ISDG turn 37.gif
    ISDG turn 37.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 639
For the Lurkers ~

Still keeping our lead... Turn 49.

Attachments

• ISDG 1790bc.gif
    ISDG 1790bc.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 506