[WH40K] Imperial Guard Tanks (04/20/06)

C.Roland said:
Really nice Rabbit !

Can i modify them a bit and post new version of them ?
Thanks Roland. Do you mean the WH40K units? Sure.

You skill is just crazy. Ever thought of doing tyranids?

Los Tirano said:
I don't think he's quite that crazy.. at the moment

Los Tirano said:

Edit: Nevermind, found out what Tyranids are and... well, do I look like an ex-Blizzard 3D artist? :D Like Leif says, I'm not quiet there yet. :)

Rabbit said:
Nevermind, found out what Tyranids are and... well, do I look like an ex-Blizzard 3D artist?

Hehe, funny you should say that.

Starcraft was planned to be a WH40k license game, but Games Workshop backed out. Blizzard like the game so much that they stuck with it and made up the universe for it. The Zerg are, of course, Tyranids.

Zurai said:
Hehe, funny you should say that.

Starcraft was planned to be a WH40k license game, but Games Workshop backed out. Blizzard like the game so much that they stuck with it and made up the universe for it. The Zerg are, of course, Tyranids.
Ha! I bet somebody at GW got booted for that stupid decision. :)

The turrets on the first two tanks look a bit small, any particular reason for that?

Otherwise, these units are simply the BEST looking I have seen so far. Sci-Fi isn't my thing really so I won't download them but I will say that they're seriously good units.

OMG WOW! Awesome tanks Rabbit. Mind if I use them in my mod? I'll give you credit of course. ;)

I have a future era in my mod so these tanks would be a perfect addition. :D

Thanks guys.

@Figaro: The turrets are suppose to be this way, you can check out the source miniatures here. The idea is that these are actually big tanks, much bigger than the usual ones. Especially the Chimera, it's actually an APC and suppose to carry ten or so soldiers in its rear section. But you could always rescale them a bit to fit better with regular tank proportions. Check out this thread by C.Roland where he did something like that.

@Agent 009: Feel free to use them in your mod and like I mentioned to Figaro you could easily rescale the turret to fit better with real-world tanks.

Thanks Rabbit. :D

I am having a problem getting the hellhound to display correctly. For some reason the turret graphics is all messed up. It is sort of flattened but at the same time is all over the place...

I didn't take a SS however, if I were to place one in game the turret graphics would cover half the screen... :confused:

The strange part is I didn't change any of the XML data except the strengths and requirements so IDK what could be causing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Agent 009 said:
Thanks Rabbit. :D

I am having a problem getting the hellhound to display correctly. For some reason the turret graphics is all messed up. It is sort of flattened but at the same time is all over the place...

I didn't take a SS however, if I were to place one in game the turret graphics would cover half the screen... :confused:

The strange part is I didn't change any of the XML data except the strengths and requirements so IDK what could be causing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
I downloaded the mod checked it out, everything's working fine. What is that "SS" you're referring to? I'm really not sure what the problem is but double check that you got all the files, if you're missing an animation file it might be causing it. If you can't solve it post a screenshot, maybe it'll help me figure it out.

mrkingkong said:
On a more serious note, your pic is one sinister mother...
Is it a button for a unit?
Do you mean my avatar pic? It's a pic of White Rabbit from the game American McGee's Alice, and I just remade it to look like a civ4 button. :D

Rabbit said:
I downloaded the mod checked it out, everything's working fine. What is that "SS" you're referring to? I'm really not sure what the problem is but double check that you got all the files, if you're missing an animation file it might be causing it. If you can't solve it post a screenshot, maybe it'll help me figure it out.

SS means Screenshot. I meant that I didn't take one. :p

So yeah I'll take one tommorrow when I wake up as I just got home and really need some sleep.

I'll update this post then. ;)

EDIT: As I said I'd update this post with a Screenshot.
Here it is. ;)

As you can see the turret graphics are all over the place... they also move with the camera... depends on the angle but it is horrible... I don't know what can be causing it... I hope you can help. :)

Attachments

• messed up hellhound graphics..JPG
    messed up hellhound graphics..JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 219
Hey, this is a great mod, i was just wondering, could you make it for warlords? Or even tell me what might need to be done to fix it up for that would be great

Hey, this is a great mod, i was just wondering, could you make it for warlords? Or even tell me what might need to be done to fix it up for that would be great

They're units so not really a mod per se. Follow the link in my sig to the Tutorial Index to find out how to add them.

I had them all in my Japanese MOD for Warlords, but i have sense taken it off the threads, maybe you could find an old copy?

Top Bottom